Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Anyone up for a CHALLENGE? LETS DO IT!

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/03/06, 06:22 PM
Congrats to all who made their goals this past week and to those that may not have but are going to give it another shot this week! I couldn't get on Friday, but I wanted to let you all know that all is where on my end, I am now down nearly four pants sizes, meaning I can get the fourth on, but not comfortably zipped and I don't count it until I can zip them without laying on the bed and sucking in my gut! I just got a Pilates/Yoga DVD and a striptease workout to add some zing to my DVD exercise collection! Played basketball and tennis last Wednesday and have been whipping that medicine ball around fiercly!

Have a great week, see you Friday or close thereto!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/12, 04:51 AM
Hey everyone, I had a good week this week worked out everyday. Ate real clean. Got my big sister. Its a fraternity thing. Lost another lb so now im down to 211. And I came home for spring break this week. Went out to get some clothes. And realized that a pair of pants i am currently wearing was a pair a bought at the end of christmas break. When i bought them they were so tight i could hardley breath. Now they are falling down on me. I went down to from a 38/32 to a 36/32. So i bought some new jeans. A bit tight but im sure its only a matter of time before they fall off me as well. This week is going to kinda be tough for me. As i said its spring break and while all my brothers and friends are out in Daytona, i couldnt really afford it. So I came home. I have a weeks gym membership at the local rec. LOL RIP OFF.... lol 7 dollars a day. 8 days home $56 dollars. But oh well. My biggest obstical is avoiding all the boredom munchies since i have absolutly nothing to do. I could do some studying but come on whos going to do that on spring break. So to break the boredom i think im giong to be taking more frequent walks. LOL and read stuff on the message boards to keep me motivated and my hand out of the cookie jar. Well heres an imaginary toast to yet another successfull week... Hope to hear you guy's having a good week as well.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/20, 11:15 PM
Well i know veda left... but i was wondering where everyone else is. If everybody is gone, as depressing as that is, im still going to use this thread as kinda a journal. Well spring break is over. I lost one lb this week. im 210 and down from a 40 waist to a 36. and i found a new way of motivation for me, thanks to prime times game theory report. Ate real clean, and worked out at the local gym. Break was kinda boring, i didnt do much. But i figure it this way. I have worked to hard for what i have done so far and its only my jr year. I can go on spring break my senior year, when i have accomplished my goals.
vickyyyyyy
vickyyyyyy
United Kingdom
2006/03/23, 01:40 PM
is it too late for me to join in too?

its been years since i did any exercises and i am overweight.i think no i know i need help,i need ppl who are going through it rather than ppl trying to tell me what to do,know what i mean?
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2006/03/23, 02:14 PM
LukasRL...I wasn't part of the challenge but I am still here and doing my stuff. I lost a 1lb last week as well. So total for me so far in 5 months is 14lbs and 6% body fat lost!! Slow and steady keeps the weight off!!

Keep on truckin guys!!!
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/03/23, 04:41 PM
of course you can join vicky..

Lukas and others i'm still around just very busy these days at work and home. Unfortunately it does not leave alot of time for posting and such. Know i am still keeping to my diet and exercise though!
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/24, 03:14 AM
Wooohhhooo i was getting lonley and sure vicky your in... belle if you want in your in to... lol im just glad people are posting agian... well the week is in and i am down to 209 from 224 not to bad i dont think. So i was watching Primetime the other day and they had this thing called game theory... and it was all bout making a deal to lose so much weight by a given point of time. If you dont, something embarrasing would happen... well all but one won the bet. So me being the nieve person i am decided to try it out.... LOL i know numbers dont matter but i wanted to see if i could do it.. so here is my bet to my friends.

Ok well i just made a bet with my roomate JJ. You all can participate if you want. I got this idea from a prime time show entitled game theory.

The bet from me to all of you. That i weigh 185 or less by 11:59 pm on friday June 30th 2006.

The weiger. If i should win this bet, you dont have to do anything.

If i should lose this bet, I will be walking down main st. from 1-55 to hovey road with my shirt off and in shorts. Now for the people who really know me well you should know that I have a weird fear of being around anybody with out a shirt on. Also pictures can be taken and posted anywhere.

Well this is more of a motivational tool for me then really a bet, but i thought it would be good motivation, with the possiblity of all my friends having a little fun with it as well. If i put this up in the public eye to read, I think it will give me the motivation i need to succeed this time.

Probley not the best way to go about it... but there it is i did it...and all my friends have a copy... wish me luck
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/31, 07:38 PM
Well its friday again. I had an awsome week. I got my sleep schedual back to normal. hahaha we will see how long that lasts, cus well im a college kid and it gets kinda hard to keep a certian sleep schedule. Woke up every morning this week and did HIIT b4 i ate. 3 of the days i weight trained b4 my hit. I am now down to 207 that is 2 lbs from last week. Things are starting to get easier. LOL i love the fact that im not out of breath after my 5 min warm up on a bike... lol. Also when i when i went home for spring break i got those new pants down from 38 waist to a 36 waist... they were really tight on me... and they are loosing up now... they feel comfortable now and dont dig into my sides... so heres to another week of success... YITBOS....

--------------
There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy and short and one is hard and long. The only satisfaction one can get out of the first is that it was easy, and many people have gone this way. Even the greatest journy begins with a single step, and to take the path less taken gives awsome bragging rights. Moral of this story, The main cause for failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/31, 08:06 PM
lol when i said i woke up every morning this week i ment to say at 6 am.
rockysgirl
rockysgirl
United States
2006/06/27, 11:07 AM
Well I just joined here...but I would like to try a challenge. Hope I am not gonna be excluded b/c I am a youngan. :):laugh:
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages