Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Anyone up for a CHALLENGE? LETS DO IT!

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/02/03, 11:09 AM
It has been a long time since I have seen any challenges here on FT for losing weight and diet. I was wondering if anyone was up to it? Nothing radical, just something serious for the serious minded, though. Yeh, I know, you don't have time, or you can't start this week...etc., COME ON -- join in and get serious starting TODAY! But let me warn you -- if you post that you are going to do the challenge, you will be held accountable - in other words, if we don't hear from you I'd like everyone to post some encouraging words to get you back on track! So that means we need plenty of people here to join in so we have plenty of support! Here is what I thought, if anyone has any other thoughts on it, please let me know, this is a group effort! I just ask that you are honest with us and honest with yourself, it won't help you to cheat, we may not know it, but you will! That doesn't mean go run off and hide and stop posting and give up, that means post if you succeeded in your goals or post if you feel short so we can throw some encouragement your way so you can continue on!

FIRST WEEK:
DIET: No sodas other than diet, drink your water, any breads are whole wheat only! Make a baseline for your calories and stick to it by writing everything down or go to: www.calorie-count.com it is easy and you can track your progress for the day, each day so you can see what you've had all week and there is NO charge and it is simple!
EXERCISE: 15-30 minutes of cardio.

SECOND WEEK: (always keep the previous weeks goals also)
DIET: Eat more lower fat items, less higher fat, such as replacing milks with lowfat, replacing mayo with lowfat, work on portions and get to know what that means for you! Remember a serving size of meat is only going to be about the size of a deck of cards! Limit your "treats" (cookies, cakes, etc. to one serving in the day. Check how much fat/carbs/protein you should get and stick with it!
EXERCISE: 30 minutes of cardio add some resistance work using bands or weights.

THIRD WEEK: (keep previous weeks goals, too)
DIET: Pick one day for your "cheat day" NO cakes, cookies, treats except ONE on your cheat day but try to keep your calories within 250 of your normal days. Cut out processed foods, cut out trans fats, replace cooking oil with extra virgin olive oil and use as little as necessary.
EXERCISE: Increase your cardio to 45-60 minutes. Increase resistance workouts. Try to find something FUN that is exercise and a workout that you can do!

We can go from there to the fourth and so on weeks! Sooooo...you got the guts to get serious?? You can modify your exercise if you need to so it is at your level and you can replace your diet goals if you are already doing what is listed with something else, just post it so we can keep up on you! To keep you accountable, you must post at least by the end of each week -- so if you are interested in the challenge, post that you will be doing it and then we will keep on you!! Then you will post again next Friday and each Friday thereafter until the challenge ends. I think a eight week challenge should be good -- that will get you on your way, past those carb cravings, those exercise woo's and such so you are on your way to a whole 'nother healthier lifestyle!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/03, 01:27 PM
Im up for this. Only problem is i have a hurt ankle atm. nothing major it should be good to go in a week or so, so cardio wouldnt be good for me at first. but as for the diet part. ive been pretty good. i do have my slip ups but even so i keep all of them recorded in the nutrishion counter.
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/05, 09:40 PM
im up for this as ill be losing it anyway :) going to have to think what the weekly goals for me are gonna be. some great suggestions there.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/02/07, 02:51 PM
Jump right in and keep posting, they don't have to be what I have, just lets make it a great February!! How about we post our goals for the month, break them down by the week, our starting weight and inches, if you go to www.fittogether.com you can use the bodyfat monitor, too and can post what you have from there, oh and don't forget to tell them I sent you!! :) My sign in there is Veda! Post your inches and weight and then just copy and paste it here and we will do it again at the end of February! Come on! I need some company!! :)

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/08, 12:03 AM
Well lets see, i started in the middle of jan. I was 224lbs and as of the 4th of Feb im 218 lbs.
My goal for the 17th of Feb is to be at 213 lbs
By the end of Feb i would like to be 208.

I will say i had a slip up on super bowl sunday, where i had a couple beers, chilly, and natchos. But that was a special occasion for me.

It is rush week for my fraternity and i still have a sore ankle, so im going to shoot for working out 4-5 times this week and my cardio is going to be on a bike or olyptical because the ankle is still a little tender.

Oh vedakathryn that web sight is www.fittogether.net the .com one is a advertisement sight, but i dont have a mesuring tape so i cant do that just yet ill try to get one soon... well i will post what i have done this week on sunday, but im not going to weigh myself till the 17th.

My ultamate goal is to get down to a lean 170-175 by the end of August. Thats what I used to weigh when I was acting. And i think i found my motivation. I showed some friends my old headshots from 2001 and they argued with me on how they didnt belive it was me, so i had to pop out the old drivers license to prove it. Kinda made me feel bad. So im going to use that as my motivation.

My biggest weakness that im going to have to overcome is, as I said before I am in a fraternity, and alot of drinking goes on there. I have to keep strong as i have the past 3 weeks and just hang out and resist when people put beer in front of me. Wich shouldnt be hard cus this friday im Designated Driver.

Well this is getting long so im going to end it... K bye.
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/09, 02:50 PM
I hate this month.

That said im down for the challenge. signed up on that site (Zaboo22). I like it :) I do well with stats. It has be at only 22.38% body fat. Although it said im severly obese in my BMI :( Can anyone explain the difference to me? Looks like i also need to improve my waist to hip ratio (1.01).

My goal for week one is to do cardio 3 times a week and keep calories under 2000 each day and of course lift 3 times. From past weeks if i do that i will lose body fat, gain muscle, and lose weight. I'll start tommorow and end next friday but still not gonna cheat today. I will update new goals weekly that way it will be more flexable.

Lukas from what i remember of my drinking days everyone loves a designated driver and everyone hates to do it. Just keep volunteering :)
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/09, 11:48 PM
Zaboo just remember that Febuary is just a made up word. It is no different from any other month except the name. We are in this together. And ill be honest with you i dont really think that 22.38% body fat is exactly obease, im no expert but i dont think thats right, i thought obease was more like 28+. And i think your right, ill volunteer as much as they will let me, but i know alot of guys that enjoy doing it cus in 6 hours most people make around 60-70 bucks. And for a college kid thats not chump change lol. but i think it will be fine. lol and today was invite dinner for the new rushees. We served spagatti (SP) and i had class till 9pm so i got out of that woohhooo. lol plus i didnt have to dress up which was another added bonus.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/10, 05:54 PM
hi null actually you and I are very close to the same goals, im 218 and shooting to be 170 by mid june early july. So this challenge would be great for us. And i dont know when it ends, but im not stoppin till i get to the 170 mark and then im going to try a small bulk phase.
chanellewlsn
chanellewlsn
United States
2006/02/10, 09:43 PM
Actually I Posted That (chanellewlsn). Every Time I Post It Shows Null. I Dont Know Why.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/02/10, 09:52 PM
Just a short word of caution to you weight loss folks. If you're on a good workout routine as well as a clean diet, don't get frustrated when you think you're looking better but your weight isn't going down. Believe the mirror and not the scale.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/13, 01:56 AM
Ok this week has been real hectic for me so i havent eaten the way i should have. I still ate healthy (Cept my cheat day) but here goes what i did for the week.

Monday- I re-twisted my ankle yet agian... Today i went out and got a brace and i plan on wearing it from now on. I went to the gym and did the bike on a light resistance for 25 min after my shoulder work out. My totals for the day where 1741 kcal 158 g protien 208 g carbs 30 g fat

Tues- I had an open house at the Fraternity house plus classes. So time for eating wasnt what it should have been. I did 30 min on the bike but skipped my leg workout. My totals for the day were 1279 kcal 165 g 100 g 26 g.

Wed- today was theme night for the house. Our theme was All American. We made burgers and hotdogs which i stayed away from. We played bags and washers in the basement. I did my chest workout and another 30 min on the bike. todays totals were- 1046 kcal 93 g 104 g 37 g

Thurs- Well the house put on a spagitti (SP) dinner. Luckly i didnt have to attend, only help prepair. I had class late at night so i missed the pasta. I did 30 min on the bike. My ankle is starting to feel better again.
totals- 1272 kcal 197 g 44 g 37 g

Friday- Today was bid night, that is where we have a party for all the new pledges. Once agian i lucked out. I was in line for being the house designated driver. so no drinking for me. And made $78 bucks... not bad for a college kid. I worked out my back today and did 25 min on the olyptical (SP). totals 1480 kcal 203 g 113 g 26 g

Saterday- today was my cheat day. I didnt cheat like hardcore like i used to. i ate pretty good till about 4pm then i had the new angus cheese burger thing from burger king. I went out to the bar and had 3 beers. My buddies bad was playing. I dont know what my totals were for the day. I did 30 min on the olyptical and did tri's and bi's

Sunday- woke up late and just lounged around the apt. I had chapter @ 6:00 pm then i came home and cooked my food for the week. I make about 7-8 chicken breasts, 2 lbs of extra lean ground beef, 2 and a half dozen eggs, and 10 meal replacement shakes which i keep in a huge water jug. I didnt write down my intake today but lets see i had 2 chicken breasts, a half a cup of fat free cottage cheese, 3 oz of ground beef mixed with 2 cups of broccli and chipotle hot sauce. then i had an apple. I think thats it.

Well that was my week i weigh myself next friday... hopefully everthing goes well with that, and i just realized i forgot agian to get a mesuring tape for that site.

Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/13, 12:32 PM
Looks like you did well Lukas. calorie count for weds seems awfully low though. Did you have enough energy for your chest workout? What Kcal are you trying to stick too.

Btw i really like format and think I'll adopt it for me as well.

Veda where are you? Its been 10 since you posted your goals? Surely week one has to be done by now.

I'll post mine every friday. Doing good so far.

LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/13, 01:40 PM
yeah i know they were all a bit low for me. I was really busy and couldnt eat as much as i should have. This is what im supposed to be at 1727 cal 209 g pro 152 g carb and 28 g fat

--------------
"In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king."
chanellewlsn
chanellewlsn
United States
2006/02/14, 05:32 PM
The Above Message Is Mine (chanellewlsn) Also Another Thing When I Suck In My Stomach I Can See A 2-pack. I Hope Thats A Good Thing. Is It?
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/15, 09:19 AM
Count me in if it's still ok to join??? I'm following the Diet plan that BB1 has done up so my fats will be up higher as I have to take 6g of flax/fish oil a day, my carbs are 100G a day and my Protein is 214G a day. That's based on 1.2G per lb of LBM which is 179. (I hope I worked that out right). My weight starting this week is 249lbs and I weigh in every Wednesday evening so I guess that's when I'll post my weeks results. Since the end of October I've lost 34 lbs so far. I'm 5'8 and I'm 35 years old. Don't know if you need to know anything else..lol
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/15, 11:22 AM
welcome mushie! Of course you can join.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/15, 12:00 PM
Thanks Zaboo!
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/15, 01:17 PM
Welcome Mushie, and congrats on losing 34 lbs. thats awsome. Do you work out or are you just dieting?

Also congrats chanellewlsn sounds like you had a real good week. As for the two top abs thing lol i would take it as a good sign, but I really dont know... lol its been so long since i have seen mine lol.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/15, 02:18 PM
Well lukasRI, I was doing mostly cardio as there isn't a gym here but I'm starting to set up my own home gym as I've got to start working out too. I live in the boonies! :laugh: Thanks on the congrad's. :)
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/15, 03:03 PM
LOL I know how that is. When I was in highschool i lived in the boonies out on a farm. I had to use what i could to help me stay in shape for wrestling in the off season.

--------------
There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy and short and one is hard and long. The only satisfaction one can get out of the first is that it was easy, and many people have gone this way. Even the greatest journy begins with a single step, and to take the path less taken gives awsome bragging rights. Moral of this story, The main cause for failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/16, 12:21 AM
ok so I got the tape mesure and did my body fat on that sight. I think it is off a bit but i figure since i shouldnt count on the scale and i should be losing in mesurements that the percentage should drop letting me know im doing a good job. Last weigh in i was 218 and this friday is weigh in day for me. As for that sight im 32% bodyfat.

--------------
There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy and short and one is hard and long. The only satisfaction one can get out of the first is that it was easy, and many people have gone this way. Even the greatest journy begins with a single step, and to take the path less taken gives awsome bragging rights. Moral of this story, The main cause for failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/02/16, 10:42 AM
I am so sorry, I apologize with all my heart, I have been working two full weeks without hardly any sleep for a very demanding publisher, just from last Thur through this Monday I put in over 80 hours and I am so beat, I hadn't got a moment to get online other than work but please know I was thinking of you all and hoping you were all hanging in there with your goals!

I did okay other than two days that I just ate crap, I didn't even have enough time to cook for myself, so my husband brought home some McDonalds for everyone, of which I ate over the course of a few hours two Mac's double cheeseburgers for the first time in months and the next morning was sick for it. I have no need for another, that did it for me.

Anyway, I have not been able to work out in six days but yesterday started again and my son and I went bowling. I am very upset as I just got another demanding email stating I have some political candidates to do work for of which I hadn't even volunteered and I am very upset as this is taking up too much of my life and my hopes to have less stress and more time for family, working out and healthy living seem to be dashed. I put up with it so I can stay at home where I homeschool my 15yo, but I work 12-17 hours a day and I think I am getting taken advantage of, but yet I can't find other work at home to do with thousands wanting to do freelance writing and graphic work
at home it is like finding a job in a badger hole. Oh well...

I did fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 2 years, so that was exciting and my husband wouldn't buy me chocolate for Valentine's Day saying, "you worked hard to get into those pants, you just keep working", lol!

Today I am going to throw the 8 lb medicine ball 300 times and workout on my glider and do my medicine ball exercises, lunges, squats, obliques, etc. as many as I can before the publisher starts screaming some more... :(

Congrats to all of you who are hanging in there, it was so exciting to come back and see you all taking off!! Let's check in Friday, again (tomorrow) and see where we are all at! It is sooooo good to see you all here!!

--------------
Veda

mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/16, 11:11 AM
Hi Gang:

Glad to report I'm having a good week so far! I'm staying on track with the Diet Program by BB1 and getting my cardio in and my exercise program in. I think I'm soon going to swim away. Seems like I'm eating a lot of fish! Good thing I like fish. I feel great. Haven't been hungry. Well on Monday night I got the munchies really bad. I wasn't hungry and I knew that so I got up and went to bed. Fixed that now didn't I!!! LOL

My pants feel looser today. I got stuck at work until 9:30 last night so I missed my weigh in time of 6:30, now I have to wait till next week but maybe that's for a reason. BB1 said it will take a few days for my body to adjust so as the saying goes, things happen for a reason. I did do my measurements though yesterday. I started doing them once I hit my plateau with the weight scale. From last week it shows I'm down an inch in my tri's, an inch in my waist, an inch in my hips an inch in my upper legs, and my left calf is down an inch..the right one stayed the same..stubborn hey?

Hope you guys all have a great day!
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/16, 11:40 AM
Congrats on that mushie. Very cool, I just got the tape measure so im going to start doing that once a month as well.

And nice to see you agian veda, actually i just read your post about that woman who was going down the stairs and was out of breath. It inspired me to make another long term goal. There is a dormatory at my college called Waterson. This is the largest college dormatory in the United States. My goal, by July is to be able to climb the staires from top to bottom with out being out of breath.

--------------
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/17, 03:06 AM
Ok its offically Friday and my anticipation was killing me to weigh in... Even though i know the scale isnt as important as mesurements but here goes.

Mon Didnt get much sleep. I think the weekend messed up my sleep cycle. Went to the gym and did shoulders + 5 min warm up on the bike and did 15 min of HIIT as best as i could. Small track 1 lap run 1 lap fast walk. 12 laps = a mile. daily totals Total : 1801 kcal P196 g C198 g F31 g

Tues- Couldnt sleep agian so i pulled an all nighter to get back into the swing of things. Still managed to play Wallyball for 2 hours. (Combo raquetball/vollyball). Daily totals 1706 kcal p211 g c161 g f29 g

Wed- got good sleep today. Played wallyball for 2 hours agian and did chest. Daily totals 1669 kcal p198 g c168 g f26 g

Thurs- 7 hours of sleep,went to class, worked out lower back. 15 min of HIIT. daily totals 1434 kcal p210 g c96 g f27 g

Results for weigh in:
Beggining weight: 224
Last weighin: 218
Friday weighin: 215
3 lbs in 2 weeks not to bad... one step at a time.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/17, 08:05 AM
Way to go lukasrul!!!!! You da man!!!

What kind of diet plan are you following? My calorie and protein look to be a lot like yours but my fats are up as I'm following bb1's diet that say I have to eat 6g of fat a day. Scares the heck out of me..but I guess I'll see next week when I weigh in! Keep up the awesome work!!!!
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/17, 12:11 PM
my turn

Fri: Did an hour of weight lifting. Legs, calves, and abs. Did not track diet :(

Sat: Did 30 mins of cardio on exercise bike.
1930k (calories), 197p (protein), 197c (carbs), 33f (fats)

Sun: Shoveled snow for about an hour and a half. Stayed around house all day so not much else exercise.
2276k 171p 269c 56f

Mon: Did little over an hour of weight lifting. biceps, shoulders, back, and abs
2040k 252p 147c 47f

Tues: Painted ceiling of basement. Not sure if this counts as cardio but certainly wore me out :)
1863k 233p 125c 50f

Wed: hour of weight lifting. Chest, triceps and abs
2029k 210p 202c 48f

Thurs: did HIIT training on treadmill for 25 mins. Ate very small dinner which is why cal counts are low.
1615k 161p 116c 41f

Looking over this i think i did better then i thought. Was a very rough week for me emotionally which i was afraid would effect how i ate. Sat was aniversary of my divorce, tue was vday which i dont even like when i'm with someone. even worse when not. Now if i can just get through this Sun (my birthday) the rest of the month should be a piece of cake. Still hate this month.

Overall I'm happy with the exercise i did and calorie count is within the area i want it to be. Fat needs to get lower though. It's a proccess... Luckily my body is still willing to give up fat easily as i lost 2 pounds this week. Now @ 267. Afraid to do measurements this week so i'll save that for next week. Hopefully bigger numbers :)

My goal for next week is to continue on the 2000 calorie diet and work on getting my fat down to an average of: 44g. Cardio 3 times and Weights 3 times.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/17, 01:25 PM
Look at you guys go! See your fat is lower then mine too..mmmmmmm.. I'm gettin scared here. LOL

It might have been a tough week for you but you did great!!!! Congradulations.

Happy Birthday by the way! Mine is in a few weeks..that's going to be a toughie.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2006/02/17, 02:33 PM
I haven't been part of the competition, but I am here and reading constantly, and since you all had such great successes over the week, I thought I would add in my own success for this week.

Yesterday, with my jeans buttoned and zipped, I was able to take them off. Just pulled em off my hips, easy peasy. I'm thinkin a new pair will be in order soon. :big_smile:
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/17, 03:40 PM
wow congrats CristalBelle. Perhaps you should wear a belt til you get a new pair ;)

lukasrl: looks like you had a good week to me. Way not to let your lack of sleep ruin your goals!
rubiie
rubiie
Australia
2006/02/17, 04:06 PM
Body fat with in 25-30 for an adult is NOT obese~ and remember, the BMI is not always accurate because it doesn't not calculate the muscle and fat comparision. For example, i'm 10 pounds heavier than my older sisther bu we look the same because she is bones and skin but i've built up muscle from the fitness programs from this site! so keep working on it and count me in for the challenge!
chanellewlsn
chanellewlsn
United States
2006/02/17, 04:56 PM
The Messages Labeled Null And Chanellewlsn Are Mine (chanellewlsn). Sorry It Keeps Showing Null.
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/18, 11:50 AM
grats chanellewlsn on the pants! There is no better motivation in my opinion then results.

For others: even if we don't see results immediately changes are happening for the better and they will show if you keep working and not cheating!
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/18, 11:50 AM
grats chanellewlsn on the pants! There is no better motivation in my opinion then results.

For others: even if we don't see results immediately changes are happening for the better and they will show if you keep working and not cheating!
chanellewlsn
chanellewlsn
United States
2006/02/18, 07:15 PM
Thanks Zaboo! Ill Check In Next Friday. (chanellewlsn)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/02/21, 10:23 AM
What great workouts!!!

And the stair climbing, that is an excellent goal!! Good luck with that, I am sure you will succeed no problemO! Just think, too, how many times you come across stairs and to be able to go up them with ease is just such a feeling when you have had difficulty in the past! Plus, I want to do more hiking when the weather is good, just recreational from time to time, but that is where my asthma would always kick in, on those steep terrains and I want to be able to clear the asthma out of the way and to do that, I know, is to lose more weight and work out more! I run up and down my stairs at home (10) until I can't do it anymore, before I could hardly do them without being out of breath and now I can get a lot more "sets" in!!
============
Quoting from lukasrl:

And nice to see you agian veda, actually i just read your post about that woman who was going down the stairs and was out of breath. It inspired me to make another long term goal. There is a dormatory at my college called Waterson. This is the largest college dormatory in the United States. My goal, by July is to be able to climb the staires from top to bottom with out being out of breath.

=============

--------------
Veda

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/02/21, 10:34 AM
Okay, I missed Friday check in, I worked over 12 hours and signed off the computer forgetting everything and nearly my own name! I finally was able to get on again today after running errands and painting my kitchen floor yesterday, and thought I would congratulate everyone on their successes! AND, if you didn't have a productive week, well, here you are, another one just waiting for you, so just start again!!

I have ditched the scale and refuse to step on it until I drop a couple more pant sizes, that is my goal as for a while there I was okay using that darn tool, but then the "old" me kept creeping in and wanting to depress me if I didn't see what I wanted to see or not enough of it, so it is history, I like the melting inches better, anyway, lol!!

I am totally, 100% off all non-diet drinks, I am so proud of myself with this, as many times I would try and then go back to the pop, but now I don't drink anything unless it is diet or water and I drink skim milk. This alone should shed me at least 20 pounds in the year!!! Yesterday was a bad day in as far as I ate three pieces of pizza and two breadsticks, I had cereal in the a.m. and then one of those Kristal's small chicken sandwiche thingy's and then had pizza for supper, I guess that was my major cheat day (or week!!), we were running all day and normally if I have to eat, I get just the meat alone by itself at Arby's but I gave in and am not happy with myself today, but I will have to work my rear off for it to burn some of that off. I haven't eaten like that in months, so it won't ruin me and I am not going to let it turn things around on me like it used to, but I am angry at myself, but I have learned to work it off rather than just go EAT MORE!

This week my goal is to try to up the ante on the workouts, I am hoping for better, warmer weather -- my son and I were playing basketball in January and now it is FREEZING out there, so hopefully the warmer weather will come back so we can get outdoors again, I really loathe all the indoor workouts, I like to get OUT!

I have been throwing the medicine ball 300-400 times every other day, and working out with it doing situps, obliques, lunges, squats, tri's & bi's and more. I need to do my cardio every day 30 minutes, I got thrown off with work, but ready for more, just don't feel I am getting all the cardio I need from that...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL -- WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS THIS WEEK?!!

What are all your goals?

--------------
Veda

LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/21, 06:33 PM
Goals... Hmmm ok this morning i got up at 6 am and ran around the dorm complex well actually walked 3 ran 3 alternitivly. I want to add this to my regiment 5 days this week along with my night work out and HIIT at night. Kinda dissapointed that i didnt reach my goal of 212 last friday but wont let that set me back. I keep telling myself im down 9 lbs in a month, and thats not that bad. So im reseting my goal of 212 lbs by next wed. But i know that the scale isnt that important so i wont be dissapointed just in case. Other than that, my food intake has been good cept for last sat which i ate way more then i should have.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/22, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone:

I had a pretty good week. I don't weigh in until this evening so I don't know yet what the scale will reveal. I worked really hard did all my exercises and cardio daily. I got in one free meal. And I still did good with that. I actually started last Monday..here's how I did.

Feb 13: 1671C/178P/101C/49F Did my exercise routine which took me 50 mins and did HIIT and cardio. HIIT for 15 mins and stationary bike for the remaining time.

Feb 14: 1737C/172P/64C/87F. Did my exercise routine and cardio. Walked for 45 minutues.(Yahooooooo..made it through Valentine's Day!!!)

Feb 15: 1999C/174P/77C/112F. Free day for exercise.

Feb 16: 1866C/186P/92C/86F. Did exercise routine for 50 mins and cardio for an hour.

Feb 17: 1846C/171P/94C/88F. Did exercise routine for 45 mins and eliptical machine for 30 minutes.

Feb 18: 2117C/213P/137C/80F. This day had my free meal in it and was my exercise free day.

Feb 19: 1819C/183P/77C/89F. Exercised for 45 mins, did HIIT or 15 mins and cardio for 30 on my bike.

Feb 20: 1671C/178P/52C/85F. First full day of my flu. Had a hard time getting food in. Went to my exercise class for an hour for cardio.957

Feb 21: 1957C/179P/81C/101F. Had a hard time getting solids down again. got most of my food from my shakes.

I hope I'm doing this right. My last weigh in I was 249.2 lbs. I worked out my LBM to be 174lbs.

I must say I never got hungry all week. The protein really keeps you full!! I'll post my weight result later. I think I'm going to buy a scale for home this weekend so I can do a full report on Monday's.

flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/02/22, 04:37 PM
Mushie, I highly recommend that you do not buy a scale for home. It is great that you currently only weigh in 1X per week. It can be very demotivating if you start to weigh yourself more often. Just my opinion, based on my own scale addiction--I'm now a recovering scale-aholic--I now have to attend SA meetings:laugh:

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/22, 05:15 PM
I know..but if I don't buy one then I'll have no where to weigh after April 5th....I live in a small...and I mean smallllll..town and after April 5th the WW meetings are over.

Just got back from my weigh in. I lost 4.4lbs!
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/24, 07:13 AM
Where is everyone this week??? Hibernating?
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/02/24, 09:11 AM
Hey Mushie, congratulations on loosing the 4lbs, that's awesome!!! Regarding the scale issue, I didn't realize you wouldn't have access to one in April. My advice, go ahead and buy one and only weigh yourself on the same day as your "official" wiegh-in. That way you can confirm that your scale is giving you the same numbers. Then after April 5, keep up with your habit of weighing only 1X/week.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/24, 05:11 PM
Thanks fly!

I know where you are coming from regarding the scale. I had one years ago and I ended up tossing it out because I had myself drove with it. I'm going to get my other half to weigh me and then he can hide it..lol

I really appreciate your advice!!!

--------------
Smile and the world smiles along with you! :0)
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/26, 09:21 PM
Ok im posting my weekly results, I must say im really disappointed in myself this week. I was doing so good till thursday. My roomate made some pizza and i had a couple slices, as the day went on I stupidly convinced myself that thurs would be my cheat day knowing well that i was going to Michigan State University on sat because my friends band was playing up there and i was going to be their rodie. Well needless to say that thur fri and sat were not good for me. I really need to work on my self controll when im away from home. I came back and i weighed myself today (Even though i usually weigh myself in the morning for check ins) and im 6lbs up. I dont know if that is mostley water weight. But i have never gained that much in such a little time. So im just taking this as a bad week and im going to work extra hard this up coming week.
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/02/27, 09:28 AM
Keep your chin up Lukas. Just like riding a bike..we all fall off once in awhile and before you know it you'll be riding with no hands!
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/02/27, 03:30 PM
been real busy this past week and half. dont have time now but will try to get some sort of weekly report up soon. been overall good on my diet but not so good on the recording part :(
mushie
mushie
Canada
2006/03/02, 09:49 AM
Howdy gang. It's a blustry stormy day here. Glad I got up early and got my walk in. Then I got home in time to shovel out the driveway!

I had a pretty good week, towards the end. I was battling the flu at the beginning of it and didn't get my cardio in every day. I pushed myself to get my weight resistance done every day though.

Here's my summary:

Wednesday: 1753C/138P/88C/79F
Thursday: 1759C/150P/100C/85F
Friday: 1676C/164P/57C/86F
Saturday: I was so sick I slept all day.:(
Sunday: 1797C/158P/87C/92F
Monday: 1366C/127P/87C/54F
Tuesday: 1863/164P/87C/95F

My week, food wise was a bit all over the place as some days the flu upset my tummy more then others. I still managed to drop 3.6 lbs. I'm feeling better now. On inputtng my nutritional values I have noticed that my iron is a bit low so I have to work on that.

My goal this week is to get a min of 60 mins of cardio in EVERYDAY!

Hope you are all doing well!!!!

--------------
Smile and the world smiles along with you! :0)
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/03/03, 02:13 PM
wow 60 mins of cardio! don't burn yourself out. Remember its a marathon not a sprint.

Congrats on a good week. Hard to watch your diet when you don't feel well.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/03, 04:06 PM
Congrats Mushi on an awsome week. Well i didnt write all my stuff down this week but i know i stayed in my goals and as for that 6 lbs i gained last weekend... well it all went right thru me... acutally so much that im down to 213lbs this morning. Not only did the six lbs come off but i also got over my small plateau and lost 2 lbs. This was a great relief and awsome motivation. I have been doing HIIT for 20 mim and im going to up that this week to 2 sessions 20 min in the morning and 10 min in the afternoon. LOL thats one good thing about being a student is i can go to the gym, no more than a block away, and get stuff done on my breaks.. Im just so glad to be on the right path agian...
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last