Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Your attitude and effects on Training

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/16, 12:40 PM
I have been training for a number of years and I have seen and felt many things before, during and after a workout. One thing that I keep clear is my attitdue and how it effects my training. Now we all live in a fast paced world that hardly lets up. Most if not all of us are tied up to others things besides training. I know I am always stressed out. One thing I have learned is to let that stress go and or channel it.

If you go in with a clouded mind, and lets face it THAT HAPPENS, it can negativly effect your training if you let it. I mean by that to take that energy and focus it on you lifts, runs, diet, whatever you do. Bruce Lee and Arnold are some that I try to follow in thta aspect. Both were and are one of kind. They I think were of that group of people that can totaly focus on one thing even amid supreme stress.

I have had the great fortune to be able at times to gain a glimpse of that kind of focus. I have at times been able to shut out totaly what is crazy in my life and just train. When that happens I have unreal workouts. As I get older this happens more and more. I see it with some others at my gym, those are the guys and gals I circle with and train with. This is not a new thing....it is a part of something called visulation. But it also has another part. And that is channeling that stress in to force.

I believe that you can take that negative attitude, stressors in you life and turn it into force to gain what you want. In my case it is helping me recover from major surgery and in the end regain old Maxes for my lifts. I think with some practice you can take this beliefe and apply it to anything from diet to running to swimming to anything. The process i use is to visulize what is bothering me and almost turn it into a real enity. I picture it in my head mocking me, and standing in my way. I then use that feeling of dismay and anger as a fuel source to lift a weight. As i lift and I complete my goals i see that entiy slowly getting knocked down and disappearing. Believe it or not this is what has allowed me to hit new records in my lifts.

I feel like this is a primal thing for me, then again i am a bit weird. In the end it is a means to a goal. If you use it good if not at least take this away.

If you are feeling down and blue and neagtive and try to change your life to one of healthy eating, and exercise, and do not take that negativity and put it to use. Well that is like trying to stop a river with you hand. It will not happen and in the end you will lose.

Next time you are down, feeling negative, or what have you, turn that into a postive thing and use it.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2007/04/16, 02:42 PM
I'm rolling over here because this morning in the gym I was doing the entity thing...I actually went up at least five pounds on every set. Of course, I will pay for this in a couple of days no doubt, but I don't care.

--------------
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/16, 02:43 PM
NICE that i what I am talkin about!:dumbbell:

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/04/21, 12:37 PM
That is easy for me during football season Mutt. The Cowboys win, I am super pumped, they lose, and I mad as hell :)