Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Working hard, getting nowhere

jfilmeck
jfilmeck
United States
2003/02/09, 09:46 PM
hello everyone and thank you for your kind words of wisdom.

I have been working out in a gym for 5 months now. Lost no weight and toned only a little. I have no idea of what I am doing so I signed on with FT. I really need to lose 20 pounds but am not getting any where.
I work out 5 days a week for an hour total time with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights. what am I doing wrong. I even included weight watchers to my program. can some one help?

----------------------------
city girl
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/09, 10:33 PM
Welcome to Fretrainers jfilmeck.
Perhaps you are not building enough lean mass to help speed up the metabolism. WW is good but I'm not sure if it is good (enough food) while training. I would increase the weight training, perhaps a program here on ft would help you. Please fill out your profile so we can be of more help.

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/10, 01:19 AM
welcome jfilmeck, try doing one of the personal exercise programs on here at the top of this page on the yellow toolbar, click on FT Exercise resources and for nutrition click on the ft nutrition resources. study the site a little and then fill out what your goals are and we can help you along the way. Also in order for us to help you better, you can fill out your profile so we can see what your exact needs and wants are.

good luck!

--------------
Bettia.... You are nothing less than Beautiful in my eyes.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/10, 09:58 AM
WW may be your biggest hinderance. Their diets are not protein sufficient for sustaining the mass you currently have, let alone add any to burn more fat.

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2003/02/11, 05:33 AM
I've used weight watchers...lost a few pounds...they all came back and more....WW biggest problem is that they do not educate people on how to eat...yes if you use the point system you can eat whatever you want...and stay within a certain calorie point but really...you can't expect to get into great shape by eating at McDonalds all the time or eating junk (even if withing the allotted points) Read all you can about nutrition. I, personally found a lot of success with the Body for Life plan as it is simple to follow and you can do it forever. I still follow a modified version of it. 6small meals a day all with a serving of carbs and protein. Pick up the book it really is inspiring.
PAT
good luck
FSUCRACKA
FSUCRACKA
United States
2003/03/26, 09:32 PM
The moreyou i think, the higher your metabolism, also the more msucle the higher metabolism. Keep weight training and doin your cardio.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/03/28, 12:06 PM
It can take up to six months or more to begin changing your body - keep it up - you must at least feel better and have more energy by now - give yourself a pat on the back for sticking with it this long and keep going. make sure you work within your target heart rate zone when doing cardio and do your weights first.
Eat six small meals a day consisting of lean protein and complex carbs.
Keep it up and you cannot fail.
Also - lift heavier weights, you won't get too big!!!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/03/28, 05:57 PM
I have to give WW a thumbs down. My wife was doing it and hadn't consumed much protein. Like others posted here, that could be your beggest enemy if you are still on WW and working out.

--------------
Peace on earth

Ivan Montreal Canada