Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Winter Running - What to Wear?

willowann
willowann
Canada
2006/10/31, 02:06 PM
What do you wear during your runs outdoors in the winter time?
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/31, 02:23 PM
You'll want to layer...something fitting with a sweatshirt on top,legs completely covered...mittens and a hat...I don't run in sever cold weather though..so you may need more...you'll have to wait for the people that run in arctic conditions..like fly,or carivan..to see if you need more.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/10/31, 02:33 PM
KC is right...LAYER!! All my running gear is made of water wicking material, which draws moisture away from the body, so you keep dry (coolmax is one product name). On cold days (I live in Canada, so it can be freekin' cold) I wear a t-shirt + long sleeve shirt + light wt, but windproof jacket. I have running pants that are like leggings, but made for cold weather, and if it's windy I wear windpants on top. Always wear a hat and mitts or gloves (I've even worn socks on my hands because they're made of the wicking fabric as well) Most of the time I end up unzipping my jacket during the run because I get warm. It's great to run in the winter, it's usually beautiful and sunny and quite peaceful!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce