Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

why is it impossible for me to burn fat?

kc101
kc101
United States
2008/02/05, 05:54 PM
im female, 17 years old, weigh 112 lbs and am 5"2. I know i am in no way overweight but i have stubborn fat around my belly area, and i really want 2 get rid of it, because belly fat is the most dangerous to health. But i just cannot seem to get rid of it..i've tried low carb, low calorie, i eat 5-6 meals a day, i eat only when hungry, i exercise...yet the fat will just not budge. how on earth do i get rid of it!?!?! I'm also building muscle at the gym, because i have hardly any muscle - i'm know building muscle helps burn fat, but i'm skeptical if it'll work for me, since low carb, low calorie and exercise has not worked :(
What is wrong with me? Why can't i burn any fat?
And what else can i do?!
please help!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/08, 08:46 AM
what is your waist measurement - waist to hip ratio is probably a better indicator of heart disease risk.

At 112 pounds I doubt your really have enough belly fat to be a health risk.

If you are undereating, you will not lose weight. Eat between 10-12 calories per pound of bodyweight every day. Emphasize lean proteins and lots of fibrous vegetables and whole grains.

If you want more specific advice you will have to list what you do for your lifting routine, your cardio and a typical days meals.

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle