Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

why do i add mass faster ???

playallday100
playallday100
United States
2009/04/03, 02:54 AM
Hey evry one why can i add mass and not lose body fat? I have always had a bigger bone structure(and im not just sayin that) and I guess muscle memory is as strong as my desire to get rid of the fat in my midsection! I want to nip this in the bud, but I get stronger, and my bmi doesn't change very easy at all. I ate vegetarian for a year and ran, exercised,and sweated my butt off, and I only lost 35 lbs, I was down to 29.5% body fat, and I still weighed 180!!!!!

HELP!:angry:
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/03, 02:33 PM
It's the amount of calories you are eating. Either you are still eating too many or not enough. At 180, I'd say keep exercising, and try eating around 2000 calories a day. Make sure to balance out your calorie types as well. A lot of vegan foods are high in carbohydrates, so your balance of carbs may be out of whack in proportion to the other calorie types. Try using this as a guideline for your daily calorie needs: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats(very minimal saturated fats). You can even reduce your carbs a bit more than that, and increase the protein intake to balance it out.