Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/15, 02:48 PM
:big_smile::big_smile: Okay, let's get the ball rollin'! WHY are you here today & what are your goals & what do you hope to accomplish THIS MONTH? :dumbbell::dumbbell: Are you here to lose weight? Get motivation? Get answers? Get advice? Get HEALTHY? Get sympathy? Give empathy? :love: :love: Whatever it is, come on -share with us why you came and stick around and see if someone else shares your same reasons! Obviously the forum, "overweight & obesity" gives some clues, but there is so much more to us than that, right?!! Whatever your reason is, you are here and that is GREAT!!!:big_smile::big_smile: Keep coming!!

jessegaw
jessegaw
Canada
2007/11/20, 12:52 AM
Little slow on this but...
-I'm here to have a guided, structured workout...otherwise I just walk around the gym, do a couple weights and go home. I need the motivation and information about health and fitness on this site.

Goals are to:
- lose 20 pounds to start and then another 20. (or the equivelent loss in inches)
-get super fit :)
- participate in the local sprint triathlon again this june
- and...
look great for next summer!

ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/11/23, 07:02 AM
I want to find my fitter self again. On the way I have discouvered, that in some ways after working out, I'm already fitter than I was as a child, but I want my size to go down as well, so i can fit into my clothes again.

I came here to learn, and then to pass on my newfound knowledge. I wanted proper info on exercises, and was hoping to get help with my diet as well. The diet part info-wise is still a bit lacking, but now as a pro-member I can add my own food, wich will help since I live in Sweden and the brands on ready made bread and dishes are different.

This month I'm starting a new routine after doing the free general workout for 8 weeks, with 2 extra weeks trying ut new mashines in the gym. With the flexibility of ftPro I feel that I'm taking my workout to the next level.:)

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/23, 12:33 PM
Great to have you both here!! This site has helped me help myself and that is something that is very important to relearning fitness and nutrition. Please keep coming, as you will find it not only helps you to be more accountable to yourself, but also helps you to see how others deal with day to day struggles and accomplishments!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
brinsis
brinsis
United States
2007/12/25, 03:43 AM
Not sure if I am doing this right I have never used a fourm before but I seen the caption "Why are you here" and That is my question of the day. My mom gave her usual yearly calanders out last night at the christmas party and I have a lot of pictures that slapped me in the face. Iguess you never really know how out of controll your weight is untill you see it and you know what you really look like WOW I am going through alot of feelings about it but I need to work even harder. I have already lost 25 LBs but I need to lose about 70lbs more. I am afraid of the road that I am on but I also know to enjoy my life fully I need to do this for health and for happiness. I have never admitted that I need to do this so I am posting it so that I can't sit back and pertend that it doesn't matter( it does) ok i think I have gone on long enough. I am so glad I found this site, and I am happy to go on this journey. Thanks
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/12/25, 05:12 PM
Welcome Brinsis! Old pictures can really wake you up... that and old clothes. Stick to your intentions, get going, and next year you'll feel a lot better when you look at old photos.

--------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/12/26, 01:27 PM
To be a healthy influence on my children.
sschuetz
sschuetz
United States
2008/01/03, 10:18 AM
:dumbbell: I am here to share this journey with others who are in like situations. I would like to learn, share, support and seek encouragement from others when needed and encourage others when they need it. I want to achieve this goal. I want to disregard negative, unbelieving people and nurture positive growth in others and myself on this weight loss and Fitness goal.

The last time I did this I did it alone and got alot of grief I guess this time I feel it would be nice to have some like minded people in my corner