Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Why am I not seeing any results?

la1982
la1982
United States
2007/04/27, 09:39 PM
So, I am new here. I justed started the free-trainers program a couple of days ago to help me out with my diet plan. I have been eating right (I mean salads, fat free/low fat everything) and drinking nothing but water, and doing a exercise plan each day like crunches, etc. Well...I have found that in the last 5 days I have gained 5 lbs. and my measurements are staying the same. Why am I not seeing any results, or any good ones? Forgive me if I sound like I am just waiting for a miracle because I'm really not but I thought I would see some type of progress by now. I am very new to this diet thing. I never had to worry about dieting until I had my son back in 2002. It's all gone down hill since. I have finally gotten the game plan stuck in my head and I am destined to look thin again. Can someone help me out here as to this no results thing. Someone told me that a lot of people gain in the first few weeks before they lose...I sure hope not! Much thanks to anyone that can offer some advice.

:(
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/04/27, 10:21 PM
5 days? lol weigh every two weeks at most and at the same times usually in the morning as you wake up but usually you see a gain in weight at first due to the muscle build up but i dont think its the case in your case and also eating salads and low fat food isnt the whole answer you have to consume the right nutrition and calories to help you lose weight....i did nothing but salads and such eating so healthy it made me about sick...gained 10 lbs...WHY!?!? simple I was starving my body and it held onto the fat as opposed to using it....according to your profile i could offer basic advice of this each day you should have at least 1600 cals with 150 g of protien incorporated with that look in the WSSC stats for food plan to find out everything but thats a good starting point anything below that and you body is going into starvation there by holding onto fat and food instead of burning it effectively