Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

What would cause bruising after workout?

cowboyzone
cowboyzone
Canada
2009/02/25, 10:58 AM
On Monday morning I worked out as usual. I discoverd by the afternoon a bruise on my left wrist. It is about 4 inches by 2 inches. It doesn't hurt and it is not swollen. It is very noticable. This happened about 6 mos ago. I have a hard time getting people to believe it is from the workout and not from my man...seriously. So If you can give me a rational explanation it will make my life easier!!! I am assuming it is from broken blood vessels. But is it something I should be worried about?
Sidume
Sidume
United States
2009/07/16, 11:22 AM
Could be a couple different things.

- You could have moved (possibly even in your sleep) and whacked your wrist without realizing.
- Do you bruise easily? Some people just do. My sister sometimes get bruises from her kids pulling on her arm. Considering that these are preschoolers, you'd think that they couldn't do that.
- Are you on any medication? Some medicines have brusing as a side effect. The medicines don't usually cause bruises themselves, but they can make it easier for you to get bruised doing everyday activities that ordinarily would not.

If it's just a one time thing, it's probably nothing to worry about. If the bruise doesn't go away, or you get more that you can't explain, then might want to look into it.
2009/07/16, 11:58 AM
My husband jokes that I need our family doctor to write a note that says he doesn't beat me, I just bruise easy. I have had that issue all my life and for me it is genetic.

When I first started exercising and loosing weight my outer thighs were covered in small bruises, my doctor saw that and did some tests because it had her worried, she found nothing.

I would suggest that if the bruises don't go away have your doctor do some tests to see if there are any underlying conditions.

--------------
madmama

It may be difficult but it is possible
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/07/31, 11:11 AM
As a woman you loose a LOT of Iron monthly have that checked out. Maybe your levels need help to get to normal.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com