Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

what could be bestdone for excerise bike

rizi
rizi
Pakistan
2009/05/22, 01:31 AM
hello
hav tok excercise bike for last 6 month am using it and also increasing its time as well..mean if in 1st week am using it for 20mints than n next week it was 30 mints and so on and so forth..but despite of that I did't lose any single pound...even in last week when m not in home ..there is suddern increase in wt...please help me if anybody hav idea about this...
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/22, 02:28 PM
You are not losing weight because the bike you are using (I am assuming Stationary) is giving you cardio exercise. You are doing great work for your heart but that will never change your body weight.
Adjust your diet, and also, suggest you do intervals on the bike. This will increase your stamina and get the HR higher.
Incorporate some resistance training and you will see your measurements change.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2009/05/22, 04:13 PM
Think of this..cardio, cardiologist, cardio vasular system. All mean somthing to do with the heart.

Cardio is a poor way to manage bodyweight.Not to mention most peopel don't move fast enough to get the heart rate up. I can get on a bike for 20mins and bust ass and might burn 1-200 calories. It will give you a small caloric deficit...but the best way to get that is to watch what you eat.

Be active, combine that with eathing a healthy diet, weight will drop.

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"