Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Weight loss and motivation

mysticalfairy22
mysticalfairy22
United States
2008/02/15, 08:57 PM
How can i get motivated to exersize everyday and lose 40 pounds before May. A lil about me IM 22 and i weigh 305 if not more (my scale is broken) and i have asmtha and cant go to the doctor because i cant afford it. Does anyone have any advice for me?
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/15, 11:07 PM
Have you been diagnosed by a medical professional with asthma? If so, your Dr. should have put you on a prescriptive regimine to control it, or at least an emergency medication (inhaler) in the event of an asthma attack. There are many resources for free medical care if you can't afford to go. Asthma isn't something to mess with.
As far as motivation, I motivated myself in the beginning by putting a cute outfit up on my bedroom door that I hoped to fit into soon. It was the first thing I saw in the morning and the last thing at night and reminded me what I was working for. I also put a "fat picture" on the fridge to keep me out when I was eating for fun instead of eating to fuel my body. Once you start feeling better and healthier, that should be motivation enough to keep you going. Good luck.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/29, 08:36 AM
Gradual exercise is doable for asthamatics. I have asthma and now I can run, etc without issues. One thing I used to do was use my fast-acting inhaler before i started my workout - this helps prevent an attack during your workout.

The other thing that has made a huge difference is getting on singulair. If you are not on management medication for your asthma you need to look into medical asistance and get on some.

Start walking. You should be able to walk at a good clip without having problems. Eventually you can add in bursts of speed.
Resistance training should be no problem for you and will help you lose weight. Look at the top of the screen, where it says "exercise program" - follow that link and put in the at-home program with no equipment - you can get started today!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach