Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

want to loose the weight

dawnaitken00
dawnaitken00
Canada
2007/07/12, 11:44 AM
im 19 5'2 and 140lbs i just had a baby 3 months ago and i did loose all my weight plus some right away but then i went on the depo shot and gained and now i cant seem to get rid of it, im not happy with the way i look im supose to be going out on the 27th but because of how i feel i dont realy want anyone to see me this night means alot to my hubby (its his b-day) and i dont want to let him down how can i loose the weight quickly oh and how do you get rid of love handles ive had them since i was 12 and i CANT get rid of them
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/14, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately, there is no quick fix.

I hated being on the depo shot, it really messed up my hormone balance and i did find it hard to lose weight while on it. talk to your doctor about an alternative form of birth control - there are plenty of newer pills that are supposed to have les side effects.

The next thing to do is to realize that you can't wait to enjoy life when you are at your desired size or shape - enjoy it now - birthdays and anniversaries and special events are meant to be happy events. Let go of being self-conscious and focus instead on the event and the people involved. Your husband will be happy because you are there and you are happy, not because of your shape.

Lovehandles are excess bodyfat - this can be addressed by proper eating and regualr exercise - pick a program from freetrainers and get started!

Fill out your profile and more people will answer your posts:)

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle