Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Very Fat, need help!

SomeArmykid
SomeArmykid
United States
2006/07/23, 09:42 PM
I am Male,15 years old,250 lbs,5'9

I am eating all the time, I cannot go 3 hours without eating! I have made the change from doritos to a salad but I need help on an excercise program and how to stop eating so much! I eat a lot of bad frozen food (stouffers corner bistro, pizza's)

So far I do about 10 push ups (very hard for me)every other hour and 20 situps every hour 3 times a week all day (Mon,Wed,Fri) and I walk for at least 25 min on Tue,Thur,Sat and Sun and I lift a little everyday (I only have one 15 lb hex dumbbell)

Any suggestions,advice? I've lost about 5 lbs since I started this routine last Mon,I have NOT stayed completly true to it because after the first 2 days I was exausted and hardly did anything until Friday. Is my workout plan a good one? Also about once a day (sometimes skip a day) I throw baseball with my dad for about 30 minutes, by far the most sweat lost out of any excercise I do.

P.S. I cannot run or jog yet, keyword YET. I have a broken leg and I can walk and jog but only a little bit and a lot slower than normal. I get the pins out Tues next week and Ill be on crutches again for a week (Tues to ~Sun,Monday)After that I should be able to do anything! Please help me! Ask any questions you need to im here...
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/07/26, 12:25 AM
I am glad that you realize that there is a problem and you are trying to do something about it. Since you did break your leg, you should be careful with that, and dont do anything that will make it worse.
It is good that you are trying to change your eatting habbits. Being 15, and live with your parents, they will have a huge influence on what you eat, since they buy the food. I would let your parents know that you want to loose weight and be healthy. Hopefully they will support your goals and help pick out healthy food choices when grocery shopping. If your parents start to buy healthy foods, you will be less tempted to eat chips and pizza. Even making small sacrifices, such as cutting out soda will pay off in the long run. There is nothing wrong with eatting every 3 hours, just as long as you are eatting healthy and in moderation. Don't try and starve yourself! Bad idea.

As for the exercise. As long as everything with your leg is ok, stick with the activities you enjoy most. I am happy to hear that you and your dad are getting together to be active.

Good luck with your goals, and keep us posted on your results!
SomeArmykid
SomeArmykid
United States
2006/07/28, 11:48 PM
Thank you slorbets! Yea, I dropped coke and all soft drinks behind some time ago, I basically just drink water, occasionally fruit juice or something. In about 2 weeks I can begin my personal boot camp and start running. So far I have gone from about 258 (early June to 240 last Tuesday)Just doing minor weight lifted and improved diet, I know it won't be this easy the rest of the way. (not that it has been extremly easy :-)I splurged and ate alot of mexican food tonight, Yikes! Gotta work that out now.

Also I am struggling in weight lifting, I do not have any knowledge in weight lifted , but i've been lifted those little hex 15 lbs dumbbells recently with succes but now I find myself to lazy to do it. I just got through doing some, but my work ethic is not the same lately as it was when I decided to start getting healthier......
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/07/30, 01:05 AM
congrats on the weight loss! Be careful with your diet, however there is nothing wrong with having a night to enjoy your favourite foods as long as you do it in moderation. So dont feel guilty for the mexican food, just be aware of your portion sizes. What I like to do, is eat my very best during the week, and then on weekend I allow myself to eat the things i enjoy most, in moderation. This gives you something to look forward to on the weekend for the job well done all week. Giving yourself some time to enjoy your favourite snacks in moderation will encourage more long term diet goals. With to strict of diet, the more likely you will give up and over eat those unhealthy snacks.

As for the weightlifting, there is many great tips and advise posted throughout this website that can help you select a weightlifting routine that suits you. Stick with the activities you enjoy most! Doing things you love will encourage you to stick with your goals! Try to get out of that rut, and get back into your exercise routine! Stick with it, it will be worth it in the long run! Take a look in the mirror, look at the way you are now, and think of the way you want to look when you have reached your goals! Keep a food and exercise diary, this is another way to help keep you motivated. Writting down what you eat, will help you realize what you are eatting in a day, and help you control your portion sized.

Final note, stick with a healthy diet, exercise and dont give up!
Good luck!
ixiaznretard
ixiaznretard
United States
2006/08/04, 12:46 PM
keep it up bro