Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

V diet...

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/03, 08:45 PM
othe rone getting long...and nat is abotu done, figured I'd make my own.

I have been on it for 2 weeks...last 2 days however i've had to go "off" of it kinda...I've had a stomach virus...and milk goes straight threw me...and whey tastes gross right now. Had A bad night last night...no protein drinks, car broke down, only thing in walking distance was a chinese restaurant, or a pizza place. I chose chinese....couldn't eat alot...but I chose the meats and veggies...then today...I ate a good breakfast....5 egg whites chest in a wheat wrap....with yougert with a few grahm crackers in it. Then for lunch to pork chops, with some pasta.

No weight change at all..I'm still down to about 262....my goal is to get back to 250 if possable.

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/06, 06:13 PM
Everything fine, my digestive issues have stoped...I think most of it was from switching whey proteins.

I'm at or around 262 today....even after I went to the movies to see spider man 3 and split a large popcorn...with artery clogging butter....and a bag on pea nut M&M's lol.....so no harm done really. I'm back on the wagon today...

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/06, 10:37 PM
Andrew, I don't think you can call that a "velocity diet" then, seeing as the v-diet is essentially a metabolic fast devoid of whole foods and your diet, well... isn't.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/05/07, 01:46 PM
My thoughts exactly. I'm not so sure Chris Shugart (or anyone) would call this a successful V-Diet. Not to be discouraging, though- only trying to help.

You said you're back on the wagon, and that's great, but the V-Diet is supposed to be a relatively-short, straight and hardcore diet with practically no breaks. In 28 days, you're supposed to lose a lot of fat, get your health back on track, and reset your cravings/habits. I know he says you can modify it some, but I'm not sure that it should be fooled with much if at all to be really effective. Like I said, only tryin to help. Good luck!

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/07, 02:10 PM
well then just call it Andrew's VDiet. In reality, as long as it works and you still remain healthy, it doesnt matter. Obviously, i think you got to clean it up a bit tho... the popcorn doesnt help. If you decide to get on the real V-diet, thats cool. but you know its quite pricey, but in the end, it is effective. good luck bud...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/07, 04:18 PM
YEs I knwo its not "the" V diet...however with all this whey protein it has screwed my stomach up...alot actually...so I took a few days "off" to let my stomach get used to real food again.

Call it what you want...but if it works, then I don't see the problem.

And i'd say 28days isn't short lol....4 weeks without solid food...thats pretty extreme...everyone had always preatched loosing weight slow and steady to make sure its all fat...then i go do somthing like this kinda make me and whom ever else a hypocite don't you think?

I'm sure this "diet" would make dieticians cringe lol

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/05/07, 06:57 PM
lol I didn't have a problem with anything you were doin man...me n Steve were just sayin it's not the V-diet, which has been the term used... I got no problem with what you're doing at all.

Yes, that has usually been what people say about losing weight, but there has been a lot of support for these kind of diets and their effectiveness for those who can handle the extreme measures.

It isn't hypocrisy... people are wrong sometimes, and when you are dealing with science, things are always changing and things that you once thought were facts become things of the past.

But like I said, I'm here to help ya, and I'm behind ya.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/07, 08:13 PM
Before my issues with my stomach I had went 10 days no food at all....even on T nation the guy had one meal a week...oatmeal and blue beries I think.

So it was either not drink for 3 days....and crap all day long....or eat some real food and get over it. I took the last option...

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/07, 08:55 PM
============
Quoting from bigandrew:

I'm sure this "diet" would make dieticians cringe lol

=============

It makes me cringe. You go all out on whey protein, and then have M&M's and a barrel of popcorn?

No offense, but that's not effective, its borderline...

Oatmeal and blueberries aren't going to send your insulin through the roof. Straight sugar will, especially at a time when you are extremely insulin sensitive.

Besides that, the original protein sparing metabolic fast, which is what this was diet is based on, was done with people that were clinically obese and exhibited a strong psychological tendency towards eating like crap. It was designed to help break poor habits, like eating bowls of POPCORN and M&MS.

I'm not just saying that the title needs changing, I'm saying you need to examine what you are doing.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/08, 03:54 PM
Like I said this was ONE freaking day....I went out with a friend and descided to have a lil fun for once instead of just sitting there drinking water. I had not done anything like this in like 3 weeks....hell I hadn't had popcorn in like almost a year from a theater...

Teh whoel thing noone seem to be paying F'ing attention too...is the whey protein was making me sick....If I drank anything , it went straight through me. There was one day in whcih I drank only 2....count them 2 protein drinks....cause I spent the rest of the time on the toliet. Thats less than 500calories for a whole freaking day! I felt like shit...and the only thing that seemed liek it would taste good...was what I ate.

I took like a combo of 1-2 meals off....out of a 35 "meal" week.....big freaking whoop. It didn't kill me and i'm still loosing weight.

Yoru coming down on me like I eat like this all the damn time..and I don't.....

--------------

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/05/08, 04:58 PM
Easy killer... I understand that it's easy to get thrown off, and it looks like you had an awful experience with your stomach- it must really suck. Is it just crappy protein or what? Hopefully you've found a good kind now.

However, Steve makes some great points. In order for the diet to be a success and do what is expected of it, you can't cheat- like at all for the 28 days so it'll take the habits away...I know it sounds absurd to talk about one day, but he has a point, and just because you had stomach problems doesn't mean you should go eat popcorn, m&m's and chinese food...DONT GET ME WRONG, I completely understand and could see myself doin the same thing if that happened to me...just understand that it is a very valid point-even if it seems ridiculous.

--------------
--Vince Lombardi

ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2007/05/08, 05:05 PM
Did you notice that you called it "crappy protein" - the child in me thought that was funny and ironic
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/08, 06:20 PM
You're not getting enough fiber. There is nothing other than a lack of fiber that would cause you to be sick. I believe someone else already pointed it out.

Besides that, it wasn't just one day. You say no one was paying attention, I don't even have to look back to see that your shakes were whey and not cassein, you mixed them with milk (which might have actually been a good idea seeing as the lack of cassein) and you thought nothing of wendy's chili or a bowl of pasta pre-workout.

If it works for you, then great. But if it doesn't, don't blame the program.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/08, 10:18 PM
NO i have been taking fiber..somone at work had a stomach virus..I got it..plan and simple...hince why I had the craps all day...and whey didn't help matters.

I was taking a cyto-sport brand whey protein the switched over to 100% whey....a combo of the switch....and this stomach virus....wasn't a good combo.

And no where did I blam the "diet" i'm already more than pleased with the results....

--------------

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/08, 11:22 PM
hey, relax a bit andrew, it may sound like some people are chewing you out, but really, we are just trying to help, and maybe help you realize you need to fix things in order for this to be truly effective AND beneficial. (after all, you could be losing muscle if not done correct-who wants that eh?)

i do think you ought to invest in some different protein that has miscellar casein, as it is slower to digest (helps you feel full longer) which will provide protein to the muscles for longer spurts of time. and do make sure your taking lots of fiber. i was taking 25g+ of fiber. granted, it most likely was due to stomache virus, but you should still make sure everything is in check. and also, make sure you get in your "bare minimum" calories... good luck bro