Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

USAPL at the Arnold!

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2007/08/08, 12:11 PM
I was dancing in my office when I found this out yesterday!

USA Powerlifting (USAPL), America's Premiere Powerlifting Organization will present world level competition at the Arnold Sports Festival 2008.

USAPL is the only US member of the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF), and is headquartered in Columbia City, Indiana. The membership includes more than 5,500 men and women who compete with an organizational commitment to drug free performance.

The IPF is the oldest and largest international governing body for the sport of powerlifting, and is recognized by the International Olympic Committee. Founded in 1971, the IPF includes member federations from more than 100 countries.

Dr. Larry Maile, President of USA Powerlifting, recently commented "USA Powerlifting is committed to the honor and integrity of competitive powerlifting. We are thrilled to join the Arnold Sports Festival in the presentation of this sport on a fair competitive platform emphasizing honor and respect. Our international affiliation with the esteemed International Powerlifting Federation will bring added attention to the sport and the Arnold Sports Festival."

Main stage events for USAPL Powerlifting at the 2008 Arnold Sports Festival include the invitational International Pro Deadlift for men and women, the International Pro Bench Press for men, women, and team categories, the Quest American Pro Invitational, and the Unequipped Competition with belt, wrist, and knee wraps allowed.

--------------
Michael

Humble, even in Victory.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/08, 11:56 PM
They announced it right after the last arnold...

I was stoked to at first... then i heard they aren't making it a full internation meet. something in the rules will prohibit lifters from participating in 2 internation meets in one year, so they can either do this, or worlds... I'm hoping they will/have changed this, but we'd miss out on some sick lifting if not.

Take it you're going again this year?

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2007/08/09, 12:02 AM
The official press release was June 20th, 2007. They had to wait until the WPO was out completely. But you're right: some really sick real lifting; it'll be great to watch that along side of the USAW.

Absolutely going again - already got my room. Plus, I have a little more personal involvement with it this year. How about you? Wait 'til you see the lecture line-up for '08.... even better. Plus, StrengthPro has even more in store for the symposium.

Good stuff........

--------------
Michael

Humble, even in Victory.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/08/09, 12:41 AM
I already told my wife we're going next year. So, tentatively, I'll be there - and looking forward to it. The USAPL news is good stuff!
:dumbbell:

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/08/09, 03:00 AM
I am going to try and make this event, but not making any promises at this time...with ALL of the traveling I have been doing this year and a relocation ahead, don't know if I can make it work. But I will do my best. :)

Would love to meet you to Jeremy, then you can see my farmer's walk that you've wanted to see...LOL:laugh:

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/08/09, 02:08 PM
Always wanted to go since i'm in tennessee just a slight walk across KY to Ohio...

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/09, 04:22 PM
The were talking about it the week after the arnold, after Kieran Kidder screwed a bunch of lifters AGAIN out of their prize money. The numbers won't be the same, but theres nothing like a walked out DEEP squat. Should be some high quality competition too.

Of course I'll be there... I plan on reserving my room right after the strongman contest we are holding, because if I have enough I'm going to try to get the hotel adjacent to the event (if it hasn't already filled up)...

Either way, thanks for teasing us with the obviously insider info. Hopefully this time I don't end up lost as much. should be SICK.

They don't have anything listed on the strength pro website about what lectures they are having, but I'll be checking it out regularly to find out. I hope they have Gillingham do another deadlift seminar.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk