Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Typical girl problem - my thighs!

E_Jane
E_Jane
United Kingdom
2010/05/23, 01:44 PM
Hi - I'm new here and am desperately looking for some help with getting into shape - I've been doing cardio (between 45-60 mins 5 days a week) and some weight training for the last 6 weeks and eating, for the best part, very well but having measured myself today, i have gained inches all over my body which is not the intended outcome!

My cardio is running - either 5k or intervals for 20 minutes plus cycling - around 10k usually or intervals but with a low resistance and higher speed.
For 'weights' I'm doing step-ups and lunges off a step whilst working my arms plus lunges without weights, weighted squats and core stuff.

I've gained an inch on both thighs, at least an inch around my waist and an inch on my chest (not so bad but I have had to bet new underwear which is a pain)!

I generally have a soya protein shake for breakfast or dinner depending on when my workout was, granola for breakfast if no workout, and grilled fish, eggs or grilled turkey plus a salad for dinner. I've not been drinking any alcohol but in the last 2 weeks I've eaten way more sugar and sweets than normal because I've just sat my University finals and I have a big emotional eating problem - is this likely to have caused the increase in size?
I do regularly weigh and measure myself and did notice an increase in waist and thigh measurement before i started eating sweets though and was questioning my work outs then.

I'm a typical pear shape carrying all my weight around my hips and thighs with a small, but very strong, upper body and I'm only 5'3'' and currently weigh 140lbs (which I know is a healthy BMI but I look horribly overweight because, under the fat, I have a small frame).

I've tried to get help but nobody seems to know so if anybody here can give me any advice then I would really really appreciate (obviously if its to tell me not to eat sweets then I am aware of that and am back on my 'normal' diet!)

Thanks
Emma Jane