Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Trying to get the lean body

mmunsell
mmunsell
United States
2006/12/19, 01:15 AM
Here are my #'s
Protein - 175 g
Carbohydrates - 438 g
Fats - 33 g
Total Calories - 2720

I just started trying to get back into shape. I weigh 175 lbs. I am 6'2". The place I have fat is around my stomach and I want to get rid of. I also know that I am not in the best of shape. I have been smoking for about 2years now. Just recently quit. I was wondering if anyone could help shape my program. I have no idea on what I should eat. This is pretty much what I eat everyday.
Breakfast-Poptart or cereal
Lunch-Ham and turkey sandwich, 2 Special K bars, chips, maybe a piece of fruit, and cookies
Dinner-Usually have 2 different kinds of vegetables. Main part of the meal can be anything from Fried chicken to pasta. The only thing I do now for workout is running and it isn't much running either. Should I wait till I lose my stomach fat before I work on my abs.

Please help get me in shape.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/12/19, 08:19 AM
It's quite obvious to me that one of your main problems is your diet.
Other than that....
I would love to help you out, but I don't even know if you're male or female. Most females don't ever reach 6'2", but I dated a 6'2" female volleyball/basketball player in college. Please fill out your profile and we will be able to help you with what you need.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/12/19, 02:25 PM
You get less fat in a day then I get in a single meal. And yet you still get more carbs than me in a day. Cut back on the junk food.

Your asking for advice, but there are things you could change that you know you are doing wrong. I doubt anyone ever told you a poptart was a good breakfast food, or that you should work out less.

Congratulations on quitting smoking though, that is a big step.

--------------
Iron and chalk.
mmunsell
mmunsell
United States
2006/12/19, 11:49 PM

============
Quoting from wrestler125:

You get less fat in a day then I get in a single meal. And yet you still get more carbs than me in a day. Cut back on the junk food.

Your asking for advice, but there are things you could change that you know you are doing wrong. I doubt anyone ever told you a poptart was a good breakfast food, or that you should work out less.

Congratulations on quitting smoking though, that is a big step.

=============
My problem is that I don't know what is good for me and what isn't?
After searching a little bit on the site. I kind of got an idea of what I should eat and what I shouldn't.
Breakfast I am going to start eating oatmeal
Lunch I am going to eat a can of tuna, few pieces of fruit and water
Dinner, I am clueless on what to eat.
mmunsell
mmunsell
United States
2006/12/20, 12:38 AM
What do you think about this for a daily meal
Breakfast-3 Eggs and Oatmeal(should I just eat the egg whites?)
10am-Piece of fruit (Not sure on what piece of fruit I should eat?)
Lunch-Tuna on whole wheat bread, piece of fruit, and cottage cheese
3pm-Piece of fruit
Dinner-Chicken breast, brown rice, and sweet potato
I know this plan will need a little help. Am I on the right track though? I am also a little clueless on the quantities I should eat.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/12/20, 10:33 PM
What do you mean you don't know what is good for you? It's a lot easier thanyou make it out to be. Pop tart bad. Chicken breast good.
Judgeing by the post you made with what you are thinking about doing, you know no less than most people. That looks much better.

--------------
Iron and chalk.