Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Triceps and shoulders ques.

babyg25
babyg25
New Zealand
2006/09/03, 06:08 AM
hi all,

geez i haven't posted for ages, well here goes

TRICEPS
just wondering if anyone can tell me EXACTLY how to do a tricep ummmm pushup??? i was told to put my hands directly under shoulders and go down with elbows close in to side. that sounds all fine and dandy but when i go to do this, the weight on my wrists is unbearable and i just can't do it (YET!!). would you recommend working on wrist strength more??? oh and are tricep dips done with ur legs parallel on another bench or resting on the floor??

SHOULDER
Also i just realised that i cheat when doing bicep curls, i have been using my shoulders to lift the weight (if that makes any sense at all) i think i'm shrugging and getting that momentum to lift the dumb bells up for bicep curls. does anyone know a way to relax the shoulders and use the bicep more???

these may sound like really stupid questions, but i am sure that someone on here knows the answer to these.

thx
baby
jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2006/09/03, 06:39 AM
i dont know about tricep push ups but google knows everything...

n keep your back straight and elbows as still as u can when curling
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/09/03, 10:41 AM
try putting your hands together under you with your thumbs tips and first fingers touching (makes a diamond).

If these are too herd on your wrists try doing them with your feet on the floor and your hands on the edge of a bench for a while.

Try incline biceps curls - put a bench at an incline and lie back, arms hanging down, now curl.

Or try putting your back against the wall and locking your elbows in at your sides and then curling.

--------------

Dont ever give up on a dream due to the amount of time it will take to achieve it. The time will pass anyway.
- Russ Ebsen

Aim high, time flies (fortune cookie saying)
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2006/09/03, 12:02 PM
Also, on the biceps curls if you finding yourself cheating maybe the weight is too heavy? Otherwise, take it slow and focus on muscling it up with the bicep. Maybe you're trying to get through the reps too fast. Just some ideas based on my own efforts.