Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

To get the most out of it

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/08/22, 10:21 AM
If you are like me your time is the most precious thing you have. I work 50 hrs a week at work, have a house toi care for and have 2 growing monsters, er.....my sons (whom I love with out limits...really). PLus add in my wife and my plate is full, very full.
So then as I enter the gym I have realized that I need to make the most of the time there. One way I do this is to pick exercises that give me the most bang for my time. I see people that are just begining doing all sorts of crazy things in the gym. Things that while are working the muscle groups to a point, are really mostly a waste of time.

What then am I talking about? One phrase-Compound exercises. Simply put the bulk of you workout should be from those lifts that use most of the body. Deadlifts, squats, rows, Cleans, chins/pullups, bench, etc.

By using these for the majority of your workout you will see bigger gains and a faster development. Why waste time doing exercises that isolate the muscle as the bulk of the workout. I see people doing this and not getting anywhere.

Do not get me wrong, isolation has it place. BUT if you are really short with time try a compound workout.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Draeze
Draeze
Canada
2007/08/25, 11:19 AM
So are the plans that FT give us too isolated, considering each day is generally for one of two muscle groups?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/08/25, 11:58 PM
Not at all the ones here are fine to use.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com