Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Thuner Thighs

angimac10
angimac10
United States
2006/05/09, 02:33 PM
I need a bit of advice. I have always had thick thighs but as I am getting older my body is not as proportionate as it used to be. I've been working out since feb and have gone from 154lbs and 37% body fat to 161 and 30%.

But I really want to slim my thighs down. My measurements now are 38 35 42. In this time my thighs have increased a little more than an inch! Not at all what I'm looking to do.

I weight train 3x a week and cardio for another 3. Cardio is usually bicycling or walking/jogging on a treadmill. My diet is clean. about 1800 cal high protein, no more than 35gm of fat, plenty of water, and daily vitamins. (I have one cheat day, my weakness is carmel/cheese popcorn.) I started with creatine but recently stopped, I don't see any major or definition in my body. Or maybe it's still covered in a layer of fat?

What is the best way to beat these thunder thighs?

--------------
Die Trying!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/05/09, 03:40 PM
I too am part of the thunder thigh club. Chances are it's genetic and you're just going to have to learn to love them, as I have:) Since your BF is still up at 30% I'd focus on diet and try to loose some more BF...it makes a big difference. The increase in thigh measurement is likely due to muscle building under the fat, so loose the fat and your legs will look strong and lean. Now that I'm working on loosing the last 10lbs, my thighs have finally started to slim down somewhat and I'm probably around 24%BF. But proportionally I'll always have thunder thighs. Remember, muscle is your friend, it's the fat you need to ward off!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/09, 07:58 PM
TO beat thunder thighs,do squats and lunges
TheFluffyDuck
TheFluffyDuck
Canada
2006/05/26, 01:08 AM
Ahhhhh, keeping the diet as clean clean clean as possible, as you know. What leg exercises are you doing? Also, can you list the weights for each one as well.

Have you thought about increasing your cardio?