Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Suggested protein sources 2 keep @ work

MaryAnn0511
MaryAnn0511
United States
2007/09/21, 11:25 AM
Looking for NATURAL healthy sources of protein to keep in my desk, can't stand protein bars. Like REAL FOOD. Goal is weight loss, so low calories and fat preferred. Reccommendations anyone? Thank you for your help!!!!!! :)
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/09/21, 01:44 PM
well if you dont do protein bars then take a cooler with the normal sources.. chicken turkey etc. You wont be leaving anything in your desk daily if you hate protein bars! Well you can but it will smell awful funky after awhile.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/09/21, 03:09 PM
Peanut butter keeps well. I keep a big tub of protein and just shake up a protein shake in the afternoon.

Walnuts, almonds, peanuts...tuna fish, salmon, canned chicken, beef jerkey, turkey jerkey...etc...

Do you have a fridge like in the breakroom at work? If so the possibilities are basically endless.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/09/24, 11:55 AM
I keep nuts as well as tuna at work. I like the tuna that comes in the pouches which you can just tear open and eat right out of the pack. There are also some nice flavoured tuna's that come in small cans with pull tops that are easy to eat and yummy (spicy thai is my favourite)! I agree with ecle5c, if you have a cooler or frige, your choices are endless (cottage cheese, leftovers etc)