Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

stuck

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/11, 07:37 PM
I've come to the conclusion....that I need help. I've looked around at different info and ideas...and tired to implement them. And it's not working.

My bench hasn't moved in prolly 5 months. Same as squat. I did hit a 440 dl about 2 weeks ago....went up easy I think I could of got 450 or so....

I've used bands, chins, boards...band and chians and boards...bench is still stuck.

I tired sumo squats, good mornings, chains, low box squat with chains....O squats.....you name it....

Seems to me no matter what i try or do..I stay the same...

I feel like I losing my fire, cause I have nothing to show for my hard work but a sweaty t shirt.

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/05/12, 02:36 PM
1.) How much dynamic work have you been doing?

2.) Have you ever done isometrics?

3.) What kind of stretching do you do?

4.) What is your nutrition/supplementation like around your workouts?

5.) How much rest do you allow yourself?

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/12, 03:05 PM
You write your own programs? If you do, try picking out a pre-written routine and following it to the letter.

You're likely to find out a lot about yourself that way. Most people that write their own programs develop a set of parameters they tend to follow in ALL their programs. This only works for so long. Sometimes it's good to just go run of the mill a while.

Does anyone understand what I am saying?

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/05/12, 04:16 PM
I think trying something new would be good for you big'un.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/12, 06:40 PM
Yeah I been looking at some of ed conan(sp) stuff....I'm thinking of giving west side a rest for a while..

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

danny_tuff
danny_tuff
Australia
2007/05/12, 09:08 PM
is what you mean wrestler that when uve written your programs before even tho you'll make a new one it will somewhat be based around the same things. There will generally be no drastic changes with sets and amount of excercises and things like that. And even tho it may be a totally different type of training there will be similarities. If thats right i definately agree with you. Go out of your way to find a program that you would never really make yourself but would suit you well, and maybe try some more unconventional types of training with dino,strong man ect

--------------
OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/12, 09:31 PM
Yea, what Danny said. Kind of. I think.

I have not heard good things about Coan-Phillipe stuff. Crapload of volume, but still might be worth trying out.

--------------
Mortal by birth.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/12, 10:07 PM
http://www.powerpage.net/coansquat.html

there the squat workout...

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/12, 10:08 PM
http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/manrodt7.htm

read that on deepsquatter.....might give that style a try...which is like a combo kinda thing.

--------------

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/05/13, 09:03 AM
Yeah Steve, I definitely understand. I used to write all my programs and for some reason, it almost always ended up a lot like DeFranco's WSFSB program, which was never very effective for me (not sayin it's not effective, just not really for me). I had a whole summer a year or two back that I made no gains due to this.

Maybe you should try the higher-volume training. I tend to respond better to high volume.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/13, 12:11 PM
I was thinking of doing the split type workout from dep squatter ..the 2nd link I posted.....then do a day ro 2 of "Hit" for some hypertrophy work.

That would be a complete change of pace

--------------

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/05/13, 02:35 PM
Couldn't hurt, man. Go for it.

--------------
--Vince Lombardi

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/13, 02:59 PM
yea andrew, maybe it is time for a change of pace. I myself am gettin away from WS for a bit and going on the Bill Starr 5x5.

Dont forget tho, you cant be expecting gains doing your "diet" that you are doing. Its just not enough calories. I know personally im about to do this training and up my calories a good bit using something like Massive Eating. Both things are so simple in design, allow me to lift heavy weights for more volume, and will be a nice change of pace.

Good luck with what you do bro, maybe take a week off or so so you can get that desire back...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/13, 06:10 PM
Well Astually I got off the "V diet" or whatever one wants to call my version of it. It was getting too much a pain in ass....plus I lost the weight I wanted..and I was getting kinda tired of milk, and whey etc.

I've changed my eating alot....and my new plan of eating is to drink 2 proatein shakes a day....along with 3 healthy meals. No carbs before 11am....none after 7pm....so basicly I get in my carbs I need at lunch...in a shake....and a few at dinner.

Workout days will be a lil diffeent...for PWO

--------------

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/13, 06:13 PM
thanks wrestler...that has actually helped alot....I have noticed I favor certain lifts etc. And also seem to stay away from lifts I kinda dislike. I read somthing on Elite that said the differance in a athlete and a good athlete....is a good athlete does stuff he isn't good at, to get better at things he is good at.

So ya i'm gonna routine shop. But I think I found what I kinda want...

============
Quoting from wrestler125:

You write your own programs? If you do, try picking out a pre-written routine and following it to the letter.

You're likely to find out a lot about yourself that way. Most people that write their own programs develop a set of parameters they tend to follow in ALL their programs. This only works for so long. Sometimes it's good to just go run of the mill a while.

Does anyone understand what I am saying?

=============

--------------

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/14, 08:53 PM
You're not alone in this. I've had this problem in the past. I always prefer to write my own program, but sometimes I don't change enough when I do.

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

thanks wrestler...that has actually helped alot....I have noticed I favor certain lifts etc. And also seem to stay away from lifts I kinda dislike.

=============

--------------
Mortal by birth.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk