Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Stiff tight muscles

Sue38
Sue38
United Kingdom
2010/01/28, 08:10 AM
Hi,
I,ve nearly completed my second week of training, and as I,ve been out of practice for quite some time, I'm starting relatively gently by doing 3 strength training workouts per week using light weights but building to heavier ones gradually, (I don't have any equipment, so I have to improvise),I also do 4 cardio workouts per week and 1 pilates workout. I always thoroughly warm-up before and stretch after each workout. The problem is, I'm finding my muscles are incredibly stiff and tight (especially in my legs) which is especially noticeable during the stretching.
Is this a temporary thing and will i gain flexibility and suppleness with time? Can I do anything to aid the process? Thanks for any answers.
Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2010/01/29, 10:42 PM
Sure it's just temporary,, once you get into the habit of stretching everyday.. you'll notice the difference in your flexibility.. hold those stretches longer. I'm lazy when it comes to stretching i need to get into the habit myself.. just don't forget to stretch everyday even if you don't exercise..