Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

So much pressure!!!

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/07, 04:06 PM
So, work is starting "The Biggest Loser" competition today. I had to get weighed in over lunch here at work. Granted it was behind closed doors with the HR lady only but STILL! I was still mortified. I was like "Oh, that's because my watch weighs 12 lbs, oh and my BIG DIAMOND RING weighs like 4 lbs, and my sweater is cableknit, and weighs like 87 lbs." I swear in her mind when she sees me in the hall she's going to be like "Hi Amy! How are you today!" and when she walks away mumbles to herself "fat a$$". ha ha Oh well. I have until March 28 to lose the highest percentage of weight out of like 120 people and can win a 32" LCD TV. So, that is pressure enough.
THEN! I just got an email notification from my gym that they are starting a 3 month jump start to fitness program starting today. Whoever loses the highest percentage of weight by March 31 will win 3 months free gym membership.
So, as if I didn't put enough pressure on myself anyway, the competitive streak will really send me over the edge!
So, be with me oh Freetrainer friends. I'm really fighting the urge to eat 1000 calories and work out 3 hours a day, every day. That's not the way to do this, I'm experienced enough to know that, but I gotta win!!! ha ha. I'm just joking, I will be good. But, seriously, be with me! Keep me on track, and OFF the track at least a couple hours a day. :)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/01/07, 04:23 PM
First and foremost, have fun with this! haha!

You'll do well... just keep a level head and don't do anything ridiculous!

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/07, 04:47 PM
Me, not do anything ridiculous? HA! :)
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm kind of looking forward to it. It should be a lot of fun. The funnest part will be the little free classes that our work is doing about diet and exercise. It will be hard for me not to sit in the back of class and go "HA! Yeah, suggest that on Freetrainers and see what happens!" when the lady says "A great exercise would be to walk around the block with your friends over lunch. If you want a great workout, carry 2 lb dumbells with you!" yeah right. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. ha ha ha.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/01/07, 05:10 PM
Take a tape recorder.... I wanna hear this.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/01/07, 06:28 PM
Good luck Amy!!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/08, 09:50 AM
Thanks yessica.
Tim, you make me laugh. I won't take a tape recorder, but I will keep y'all posted on what I am "learning" in the classes. I can tell you that yesterday, after we weighed in, we were given a coupon for a free Carnitas Burrito at Panchero's Mexican Grill. Um, huh? Why not just say "Congrats on starting the competition! We are going to kick this off with a celebratory chocolate cake with extra ice cream!" lol. Oh well, I guess it's the thought that counts.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/01/08, 11:13 AM
Hey AMY, my girlfriend is doing the same thing at her work! The best thing to do is exactly what you're doing now. Keep it even ,steady, and consistent. There will be a lot of people competing that turn to pills and miracle diets, but just watch as their progress fades back into regression after the competition. Ultimately if you stick it out, weather or not you get a TV out of it, YOU are the winner! Keep it up!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/08, 12:39 PM
Thanks return. My mom sent me an email today saying that I'd probably be good at the South Beach Diet, you just can't eat bread or pasta. She got my lovely lecture about how true lifestyle changes do not require you to cut out entire food groups, those diets send the wrong message, blah blah blah. Poor mom. Plus, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I quit smoking last night at 9:30. Granted, I only smoked 4-5 cigs a day, but STILL! Why not Zero? I thought it was more of a social thing, but man, I'm pretty distracted today without my smoke on the way to work. Maybe I was more addicted than I thought. So, what the hell, why not kick all my vices at once. ha ha. Hopefully that doesn't affect my weight loss too much, I'm not concerned about overeating, I'm never had a problem in that department, and have trained myself to eat healthy over the past 2-3 years. Can't imagine falling off that wagon, but I guess, never say never. Wish me luck all. I'm taking on a lot at once, and am going to need it!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/11, 08:53 AM
You are taking on a lot at once! But you will do fine - you are high-spirited and strong-willed!

Kick some office a**!!!!

I think the Carnita Burrito coupon was a test or a trick or something - that lady is secretly hoping to win the tv set herself by making everyone else fat - next week she will be handing out donuts!

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/11, 08:33 PM
lol. You crack me up amy.
So, i went on Pancheros website, where the free coupon was from. I mean, who can resist a free meal! I AM human! So, they make homemade fajitas there in front of you, so you know what there us using when they cook them. They also make the tortillas fresh. So, I got a plate of those, three small tortillas, grilled chicken and grilled peppers and onion. I added some salsa and a little bit of cheese. Total thing was like 450 calories, low fat, high protien, reasonable carbs. Overall, pretty good lunch. I sweet talkd the checker to let me use the Carnita Burrito coupon for the fajitas instead. ha ha.
So far so good. My problem that i'm finding is that most everyone is starting a new "diet" and exercise program and is dropping water weight like crazy. Whereas i'm still on th same ol healthy diet I've been on, and weight continues to come off, one slow pound at a time. I'm thinking I'm not going to win a TV, but we'll see who's still thin 5 years from now. ;)
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/11, 08:35 PM
Oh, and forgot to mention, 4.5 days smoke free. Hubby also quit from 1.5 packs a day. My lungs are starting to feel clear, I can smell EVERYTHING. Definately worth it.