Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

so frusrtated

_ellesse
_ellesse
United States
2008/05/07, 08:41 PM
So I am 19, female, 180 lbs.
I started working out on an elliptical, doing it pretty much every day for a month and did not lose anything... I got really mad and kind of slacked on working out so much.
I started trying to make a smoothie or have a yogurt for breakfast (usually never ate it before)
I eat dinner around 6 or 7, usually protein, vegetables...
eat later on at night... I don't sleep until around 2am or so.

..Does any one have any advice for me to as why I never lost anything, what I could do for results so I won't get un motivated?
I expected since I never worked out before, working out even a little bit had to do something... but it didn't.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/08, 07:51 AM
Ellesse - you can work out forever and not see results if your nutrition isn't in line.

Also - your body is in flux - if you never ate breakfast before, your metabolism was probably in the shitter. Now you are eating breakfast and exercising - your body will take some time to adjust and trust that this isn't a fluke, that fuel will come in at regualr intervals and that it is okay to release some stored fuel (fat).

Add in resistance training - look under 'exercise program' at the top of the screen and answer the questions, it will design a plan for you - no equipment necessary, even. This will help you boost your metabolism and build some shapely muscles so you don't end up just a smaller version of your previously larger, mushier self.

Eat six times a day - small meals containing protein and complex carbs. increase your intake of fibrous vegetables, decrease yopur intake of junk foods, fried foods, processed foods.

Drink plenty of fresh water..

And focus on all of the health ebefits associated with working out - weight loss is a great side ebenfit, but the bone strengthening, heart and lung strengthening, disease prevention, extra energy...those are all things you can't buy!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach