Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Self esteem and weight gain

portiz
portiz
United States
2008/01/28, 02:42 PM
I might walk around with a smile on my face, and I might act as crazy as I always do, but deep down inside I have self esteem problems and gain weight. And I actually cry every night because of my weight. I am working out and I am eating right but it seems like the weight does not want to come off. I stop drinking. Because to be honest I think that is what caused my weight to get this bad. I weight myself tell me why I weigh 200lbs. I have never in the history of portiz have weight that much. I just feel like I am working out eating right, but I don?t see any results. None of my cloths fits me, and to be honest it is very depressing. I don?t even want to look in the mirror anymore. At first I wasn?t happy with my self now I am extremely unhappy with myself.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/28, 04:20 PM
Hi Portiz. You may want to talk to your Dr. about this. Sometimes self esteem issues and depression issues can lead to the weight gain vs. the other way around. Most will tell you that weight gain and being overweight is a symptom of a larger problem. Until you get to the root of that problem, you will not be successful as you will be subconciously sabotoging yourself. Sometimes this can take medication, other times a little therapy.
Regarding the weight alone, journal what you eat. Chances are you are eating more than you realize.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/30, 10:07 AM
And stop basing your value on your weight.

Work out to be healthy, work out to better the quality of your life.

Eat to be healthy.

Focus on being happy and healthy and the weight loss will come.

Maybe what you are doing isn't quite the right workout or eating plan?

Give us some samples of what you do and maybe we can help tweak things a bit to better your progress.

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

portiz
portiz
United States
2008/01/30, 10:53 AM
For example
Breakfast: 2eggs, one piece of whole grain wheat toast, and some fruit.
Lunch: Grilled Chicken, sweet potatoes(amt is size of my fist ), veggies(amt is size of my fist)
snack: some apple sause or fruit smoothie.
Dinner: 9 times out of 10 I eat a chicken salad.
Drink a lot of water.

workout: i joined a gym, and I actually like doing the cardio classes, especially the cycling class I usually do that 3 to 4 times a week. I am doing a lot of cardio.

I try to work out in the morning and evening, but if not diffently go in the evening.

To be honest I today is my 5th day eating right and working out. I actually lost 2 pounds already at least. And I did stop drinking. Even though it has only been a week.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/30, 07:30 PM
2 lbs in 5 days is awesome! Congratulations.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/31, 08:06 AM
You are doing fine, keep doing all these things and give it time - you didn't gain weight overnight, you won't lose it rapidly either.

Add some protein to your second snack and be sure you are getting enough calories - too big of a deficit will cause you to hold onto fat.