Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

seem to be toning up, but not losing lbs

mariahkryst
mariahkryst
United States
2006/04/21, 09:45 PM
I have started cardio on the treadmill going on 3 months now...I do cardio 30-40 min about 5 times a week. I have lost only 3 lbs. Im not sure what im doing wrong. I am 123lbs but my goal weight is 118. I feel like ive toned up a little, but i still have a good amount of arm flab (wings) that bother the heck out of me. Does any one have any suggestions? I am 5'4 and eat about 1500 calories a day. I try to stay away from sweets, but Its very hard.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/22, 12:37 AM
Simply doing cardio won't really tone you up. Its main product is weight loss thru burning calories. If you want to tone up that flab(wings), your gonna need to start a workout routine with preferrably some free weights. That will help make you stronger, and more important, give you some definition. I would even put more emphasis on weights at this point than I would the cardio. Your so close to your goal weight, that I'd switch from doing cardio five times a week, to doing weights three times a week and cardio only twice. Think it over and see what others say. That's what I would do. If you do decide to go this route, myself or someone else here will be more than happy to help you set something up. Feel free to use the fitness plan tab at the top of the page as well. It will help customize a workout fitting your resources and ability. Best of luck to you and welcome to FT!

--------------
She sits and wonders why.....no more.