Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Seeing results?... hating the scale...

d.pinson
d.pinson
United States
2011/05/07, 11:39 AM
Hello All!!

I?ve JUST (and I mean just) started my work out routine :dumbbell:. I absolutely LOVE the routine provided on this site for legs and butts :big_smile: ? I am 5?3? and weigh about 143-145, my goal is about 20lbs. My short term goal is 10 lbs in 6 weeks. I limit my caloric intake to 1450 a day and spend about 2 hours in the gym with 20 minutes of cardio before my routine and 20 minutes after I?m finished. On average, I?ve burned about 400 more calories than I?ve eaten this week?. I know it?s going to take some time to see results. I didn?t expect to see anything dramatic this week that?s for sure. But I haven?t even seen ½ a pound yet. When will the scale start becoming my friend (:laugh:) and when will I start to see results. Right now I?m assuming around week 3 ? If I stick to this routine, is that a safe expectation?
Train_Me02
Train_Me02
United States
2012/02/24, 12:29 PM
Hello d

I  have just finsished getting back on tract with my first week of ripped in 30days by Jillian micheals and her program but I have only seen one pound drop. I know your frustration all to well. I think you and I will both really start seeing better results by week 3. best of luck
krclark27
krclark27
United States
2012/04/11, 01:49 PM
Hello D,

I've just actually joined this site. I do understand where you're coming from. I have 30-35 lbs to lose and have been working out for 3 weeks. I've limited my calorie intake to at least 1200 calories a day. I work out every morning for an hour and a half doing cardio and strength training. I feel the same way you do. I step on the scale daily ( which I don't really think is a good idea at all)  and constantly watch a pound come and go. It became frustrating so now I will try to step on at least once a week. My goal is to lose at least 1lb per week. I've succeeded before with losing 15 lbs, but became frustrated because I was at a plateau and my body didn't seem to be losing anymore so it was discouraging. Good luck in your work out.
Cjoslin84
Cjoslin84
United States
2012/04/26, 01:39 PM
This really is the most frustrating thing ever!! I did a six week boot camp and lost 4 in and 3 lbs! Apprently I was putting myself into starvation mode because I was working out really hard and not eating enough calories. I am now on my second round of boot camp and trying to eat more calories. Which is so weird to me because I have spent so many years trying to eat less calories!! My clothes are fitting differently though, so that's a good sign!! Definately can tell that eating smaller meals more often thorughout the day is helping.
carls247
carls247
United Kingdom
2012/06/21, 03:26 AM
I think this is a clear sign of muscle gain over weight loss. Thats why you should never trust the scales (even though i weigh myself everyday and get frustrated). But if you are doing strength training as well as cardio you will gain muscle quicker than you lose fat, so judge your progress by the way you feel and the way you clothes fit or even measure youself (hips, belly button, waist)