Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Quick toning/trimming ideas?

bare_affliction
bare_affliction
United States
2010/10/28, 05:39 AM
Hello my wonderful peers,

Here's the deal. In preparation for a beach vacation planned for mid-January, 2011 with friends/acquaintances from college I haven't seen in years, I'd like to lose 25 lbs and tone my stomach, arms, and hamstrings.

I'm a non-married mom at 24 years. Currently about 155 lbs of myself--over thirty pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight--sits in awkward places on my 5'7" body.

Having recently put my daughter in the world doesn't cause me to worry, though I do wish to be able to master athletic activities again in the company of my quickly-growing child.

What deem ya'll of this goal? Feasible even for a working lazy libra?

Well, I started consciously dieting three weeks ago and already lost about 5 pounds. I'm rounding my calories to 400/meal, walking in the park for 30 mins after work (with my daughter), and listening intently for any slight craving for coffee! Picking up an old habit of smoking 1/2 pack a day, I sadly take "breathers" after every meal I share with my other half.

Really, my current lack of motivation to exercise is what gets in my way. I don't know if it's the fall weather, the energy I expend with my family, or my wariness for non-competitive exercise, but I haven't had the will to run, do reps of various classic exercises or do yoga even. Btw, I'm not spending a dollar on any classes or gym memberships as I'm saving for the kid.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Look forward to hearing about your journeys!

K