Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

questions about my weight machine

txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/26, 11:15 PM
HI!
I am having a problem with my machine here at home.
I have a Weider Pro 4100 and it doesn't do inclines on anything. It's a corner home gym so when I need to do stuff like leg curls, I can't...unless, I can do them standing up which I have done before.
I also can't do the machine presses or the incline press which has an incline.
I just the the only gym access I have. The property manager in the condo's I live in are closing the weight room because of these crazy lunatic children who rode their bikes on the treadmill.

I have a home gym like I mentioned so I'm not at a total loss here.
Can I still do all of these things on my corner gym without all of the inclines?

I can't go to any other gym right now because I stay at home with the children during the day and my hubby has our only car. We are tryign to save our money to buy a house in the upcoming year and getting a membership is definately not an option.
He bought me the home gym so I wouldn't have to go to the gym.
Agggh......
Any solutions?

I have tried to paste the picture of the Weider pro 4100 here but, it's not allowing me to.

Need help!
Thanks guys!!!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/11/27, 09:13 AM
I am not familiar with your equipment, but one suggetion I can make is to go out and buy some dumbells. I'm sure you can pick up a pair pretty cheap, and then just use the bench on your weider (I'm assuming it has one you can lay on) You could do pec flyes and presses. You could also hold the dumbells and do lunges and squats, which are actually better than leg curls.
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/27, 09:38 AM
flyonthewall,
I do have some dumbells but, like I don't have any incline adjustments on my equipment.
The seats are all upright.
They have no adjustments to lay down.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/11/27, 10:13 AM
I just lean back in a chair to do incline db flys and presses.For the machine press do a military press...not ideal but it gets the job done...most of the inches I've lost have been in the chest and arm area.I believe she's doing the workout we were doing in the first phase of our challenge fly...didn't amy forward that to you txn???There's variations you can do...I do the leg curls standing.It's a great workout...with a good diet it will get you amazing results!!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/11/27, 10:42 AM
i wouldn't fuss too much about not being able to do the exercises in an incline position...just do them flat bench...you'll still reap the benefits! I persnally don't like doing machine leg curls or leg extentions because i find them rough on my knees. I think you get way more bang for your buck doing variations of lunges and squats.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/27, 11:28 AM
You can do the flat bench exercises on the floor, you just start from a level position, which is fine.

Do standing leg curls - or lie on your back with your heels on the seat of a chair and press your heels into the chair while lifting your glutes, should feel hamstrings contracting.

There are many variations for different exercises, you just have to figure out how to do the closest fascimile with your equipment.

There is an exercise encyclopedia here under the fitness resources link at the top, that might be helpful.

--------------

Perseverance is not a long race it is many short races one after another.
Walter Elliott
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/27, 11:38 AM
KC,
Yes, she sent me a good workout to do daily.
I also follow the fitness plan that was given to me.
I fit in 30 mins. of cardio about 3-4 days a week on my treadmill and play with the kids harder than before.

I can't wait to start seeing the results.
This morning I did what I could without the flat bench.
I used my stability ball and it really worked my arms hard.
My arms are getting tighter and I feel a little stronger, but I think maybe that's got a lot to do with me wanting to see the results faster. :)
Down girl!! Don't rush things, I know.
I'm not....really.

The only little problem I am having now is making sure that my four year old is completely happy while doing these workouts.
Sat. was really fun.
I had to split up my workouts just to get them in.
He kept telling me, "Don't workout Mommy!" "I don't like it when you do that!" Oh my gosh! Give mommy just the teeny bit of break.
He's not a movie watcher otherwise I would just pop one in a day and I would have it made.
Today, I will try and do it all when my other ds comes home from school.

Hey, I'm not complaining (:)) just trying to be more organized.

flyonthewall,
I love doing the machine leg curls (while laying down), I can really feel everything come together.
:love:

I so love feeling the burn of muscles getting bigger. lol.
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/27, 05:28 PM
asimmer,
I must've replied while you were replying at the same time.
I never read yours.
I have been trying to put together some things that are similar to the things that I cannot accomplish on my machines.
My stability has come in handy for some of the things I need.

Thanks so much for your help. :)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/27, 05:42 PM
Be firm with your four year old, set boundaries about this being your time. They want to monopolize your time and are very good at exerting their power over you. Setting some boundaries will actially make him happier, because he knows there is oreder in the universe, you are in control. I know it is hard, but my daughter learned to play by herself just fine (and that is actually healthy, too).

--------------

Perseverance is not a long race it is many short races one after another.
Walter Elliott
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/27, 11:02 PM
Asimmer,
Thank you for that so much.
I have always thought that being a stay at home mother meant that I had to be with them 24/7. No wonder I am totally exhausted all of the time. :(
My mother tells me all of the time that I need time for myself and should take it while I can.

I have a great respect for mothers who are able to stay at home with their children because not everyone can and when you are able to, it means the world to both the mother and child.
I have never been very good at being firm with my children but, have learned a lot over the 6 months or so.
I know it's a little late in the game.....but better late than never.