Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Question about water

Misscourtnei
Misscourtnei
United States
2007/07/06, 11:32 PM
I have always heard that drinking water while working out and after isn't too good for losing weight. They say that when you sweat the water out and then you just put more in while doing it that you're only replacing it. Is that true?
Should I not be drinking but a few sips while working out?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/07/07, 08:54 AM
Water is the single most valuable nutrient you can put into your body. Fat undergoes a process called hydrolysis (the prefix 'hydro' meaning water). Without water, you can't burn fat effectively. Water is also necessary for nutrient transport. If you train, how will you refuel your muscles without the help of water?
Show no mercy... drink a ton everyday!

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/07, 09:52 AM
Jbennett is right!

Even the slightest amount of dehydration (3%, I think) can effect your ability to perform at your best - so your workouts will suffer if you are not drinking enough water.

As far as weight you lose from sweating - athletes are told to weigh themselves before training and after and then replace the amount of water they have sweat out.

I would look at who is telling you this crap and then be very skeptical of any other great 'diet' advice they give you.

Do some reading in the other forums and educate yourself so you are safe from bad advice like 'drinking water will impede weight loss'.

PS - most bodybuilders drinka gallon or more a day...and they don't seem to have trouble losing fat:)

--------------

While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
- Ben Franklin