Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Pregnancy belly

desertrose8402
desertrose8402
United States
2006/02/01, 01:35 PM
OK so I started my workout on Monday, and Im doing the home training evey other day. My thing is I have had 3 kids pretty much back to back(my youngest is 8 1/2 months now) and my tummy is all stretched out. The stretchmarks are fading, and I have that "apron". I want to get rid of it and fast. Im only 21, we want to have another child in a couple of years, but I promised myself I would lose at least 50 lbs. first. Can anybody recommend some exercises that will help me lose my tummy and a little bit on my inner thighs. I have already started the eating A LOT healthier and Im taking "Relacore" and "One a day weight smart". Oh and are there any exercises I can do to help keep my boobs? I was like an a-b cup before my kids, now Im a D and im happy with how I look.

--------------
~*Amber Marie*~
AmberHayslett
AmberHayslett
United States
2006/02/08, 06:01 PM
i have the same problem and i need help too!
michelle9510
michelle9510
United States
2006/02/13, 12:12 PM
You are on the right track. I had twins almost two years ago. I have been working out since july and still have belly issues. Basically, just make sure to eat healthy, and include cardio and weight training in your workouts. You can't spot reduce so you're going to have to loose all over body fat. And be careful with relacore. I think it contains dhea which has side effects similar to steroids. I know cortislim has it. I was taking dhea for a while and I had to quit because of side effects including abnormal periods, dry skin, and mood swings.
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/02/23, 07:48 PM
I have had 5 kids..and have a belly..I am losing mine by seriously eliminating sugar and bad fats and eating lean proteins,lots of vegtables,good grains and limit my intake of high sugar fruits....I do crunches and obliques as well as pilates and its made a dif...
rohkea
rohkea
Canada
2006/04/21, 06:53 PM
Heya, I have the same issue and just started recently trying to get back into shape. I have 6 kids, the last 2 being twin girls 2 years old right now. So it goes 2,2,5,7,8,10 as far as their ages go. I never had problem with weight or after effects of pregnancy but the twins kinda did the trick there and I am stuck with 40 extra pounds, stretch markes (which I can deal with) and sagging stomach skin which looks dreadful. I havent gained any weight since I had the girls but I am still stuck with the weight I gained during pregnancy and maintaining it quite easily. I dont eat that unhealthy, there are a few things I can take out but my main focus right now is gonna be portion size as I tend to eat like I did before I had the girls which was more then my husband and father in law. My metabolism has definetly taken a dive :laugh: As far as exercise goes, I have started cardio a few times a week, going for a hike once a week, gym once a week for weights/cardio , home videos for cardio/pilates/strength so hopefully it all works out. Glad to know I am not the only one faced with the belly issue though.
============
Quoting from michelle9510:

You are on the right track. I had twins almost two years ago. I have been working out since july and still have belly issues. Basically, just make sure to eat healthy, and include cardio and weight training in your workouts. You can't spot reduce so you're going to have to loose all over body fat. And be careful with relacore. I think it contains dhea which has side effects similar to steroids. I know cortislim has it. I was taking dhea for a while and I had to quit because of side effects including abnormal periods, dry skin, and mood swings.
=============
angimac10
angimac10
United States
2006/05/01, 03:05 PM
I have the same problem-three kids, one of which was a c-section. I found that pilates really work on toning those inner muscles. With that and some heavy cardio stripped three inches from my waist. But I still have four more to go.
RomansMom
RomansMom
Canada
2006/05/03, 03:09 PM
This is a really common problem I see all the time, being a Maternity nurse and a new mother. One thing seems to work well...stay away from "HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP". It's full of sugar, and it stops your stomach from telling your brain that you are full. It's sneeky, and in almost everything.
stephanied715
stephanied715
United States
2006/05/22, 01:59 PM
I am glad I am not alone. I have a four year old and a two month old and this belly is driving me nuts! I like to go on the walks this way both kids can join me and I am getting off of the couch.
maddiecakers
maddiecakers
Canada
2007/01/16, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know if somewhat rigorous cardio (3miles/day, 5 days/week) is enough to lose post partum belly weight? I just had my 2nd baby 7 weeks ago and only have 30 minutes to spare at the gym/day....how do i use it wisely to lose the 'spare tire'?
jrsmommie2006
jrsmommie2006
United States
2007/01/19, 01:31 PM
I just gave birth 4 weeks ago and would really like to get rid of the belly also. I've never had any weight or body issues b4 so this is real new to me.
MommaSalley
MommaSalley
United States
2007/05/23, 01:54 PM
I too have a daughter that turned one years old TODAY and another daughter that i had 2 weeks ago..My pregnancy belly grosses me out! If anyone has some sure-fire ways to help tone this out, then im all ears..send me a private message or whatever..i booked myself a 7-day cruise to bermuda for a year from now, hoping that would give me the motivation i needed to lose this weight..i dont want to be the only one on the cruise ship in a swimsuit with a t-shirt over top of it!

--------------
Rid me of my fatty burdens...
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/23, 06:47 PM
Two words, exercise, nutrition.

:)

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
brandyHarris
brandyHarris
United States
2007/07/12, 08:23 PM
Hey, guys. Well I waited 6 years and here I am still trying to lose an extra 15 pounds in my belly and rear end. My kids are 5 and 6 and they were both c-sections. I was a perfect weight before and I am sick of this extra weight. I love to read all of the advice on here and I will continue to do so as I am just now attempting to lose weight and am new at this. Thank you all for the great posts of advice and please keep it coming. I can use all I can get. By the way, has anyone ever tried the low carb diet? I have heard that it may work. Also, what do you do when you have little time to exercise????
inezzc
inezzc
United States
2007/10/15, 03:16 PM
i guess im not the only one with the pregnancy belly issue i eat right and work out but i still cant seem to get rid of the poutch what the heck i had my daughter 2 months ago and since ive had her ive dropped 60 lbs alot of swelling and water weight i have another 40lbs i want to lose but i cant seem to get rid of the poutch u ladies know what im talking about any suggestions email me at inezz_cloud@hotmail.com thanks
jessicaja2006
jessicaja2006
United States
2008/01/10, 08:24 PM
i have that same problem i had my son 4 years ago and i still look pregnate people come up to me all the time and ask me when the baby is due and i say that i'm not pregnate then i have to deal with the whole "i'm so sorry". so i need some help bad.i go to buy clothes and the only thing that stops me from fitting them is my stomach.help me please:(
kimmiegirl
kimmiegirl
United States
2008/01/18, 11:58 PM
okay we all seem to have the same problem, but no real solutions. I have the desire and intensity to lose the pouch but I need a sure fire suggestion. Their are alot of us asking the question but no solid answer. maybe we should go on a "mens" site for an answer.I have given birth to 6 children 2 sets of twins 18 months apart. the youngest are 2. I have dropped from a size 20 average prepregnacy to a size 6. I have a huge pouch. is it just skin or is it actual fat? Will I ever lose it????
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/01/19, 09:26 AM
Kimmie, in your case it may be skin and stretched tissue that you may not be able to repair. Since you've lost so much weight and still have a pouch. Plus you carried a litter of children! lol Sorry to say, the men won't be able to give you any magic answers that you don't find in this thread, not to mention, the nosy men always look at our posts anyway and would throw in their 2 cents if they had it. lol Their body make up is so different you just can't even compare. Like that "slimquick" commercial where the woman says "my husband and I both ate salads for a month. He lost 30 lbs, I lost my boobs. Then we both cut out carbs, he lost another 30 and I gained a pound". Granted it's an ad for a drug, but funny none the less. lol
There are a few reasons that you could be experiencing the belly pouch (based on my experiences and many conversations with my family Dr. and OB/GYN). I only recently learned how to start reducing my own. First, after having kids your horomones change, your metabolism slows and your stress rises due to all the little munchkins running around. All of these factors have been shown to manifest themselves in stubborn fat/weight loss. According to my doctor, this is hardest to lose around the belly (in most people), even if you've never had a belly fat problem before. I would recommend a full blood workup from your dr. to check horomone levels, thyroid (pregnancy can change the thyroid), and might as well check your cholesterol while you are at it. If you have a horomone imbalance, this is most likely affecting many other areas besides just your belly (mood, periods, sex drive) so you probably already have an idea about this. Even if this does nothing to help your body fat, it's good to be proactive in checking for good health.
Next deal with your stress and your mood. Are you suffering any type of post partum that is causing you to eat more than you realize? Are you stressed more than you are realizing? If it is very bad, you can speak to your Dr. about anti-depressants although being aware that some of these can increase weight gain. After my 1st child I suffered post partum and didn't care how much I weighed as long as I felt better mentally! Funny thing, when you feel good mentally, your body also responds because you want to eat better nd exercise more!
If you do not need antidepressants and are just a bit stressed, you need to find "you" time. And stress relievers. I've started a routine of getting up super early so that I have time to workout, AND relax with a nice cup of tea before anyone in the house wakes up. At night I do some yoga, and before bed I spend 30 minutes brushing my teeth, doing my face cleaning routine, doing my nails, etc. You know, all those things that my hubby thinks is silly, but it's really just an excuse to be alone focusing on ME for 30 minutes after the kids go to bed. May sound selfish, but it's helped me be a better (and sexier) wife and mother!
After all of the above is said and done, it really does come down to diet and exercise as Bettia said above. Having a nice combo of carbs, fat, and protien. A HEALTHY diet, no fad diets, no low calorie diets consisting of pizza and chips (in low quantities). Lots of water and regular exercise.
After all of THIS is said and done, you can talk to your Dr. about having the pouch removed. Or, you can look at your babies and wear it as a badge of honor. Depends on how important it is to you.
Good luck all!
Becky68
Becky68
United States
2008/02/12, 02:28 PM
I'm a mother of 3 the youngest one been 3 months 3 weeks. I was a size 7 before getting pregnant and at a weight of 120lb. I went through the invitro process, so all the shots made me gain some weight. Now I'm 145lb and my belly looks as if I'm still pregnant. Unfortunately I wasn't able to breastfed, so I'm having to find ways to loose the belly and weight. I was diagnosed with PTDS before my pregnancy and now I have post partum depression. I'm trying to avoid the anti-depressents and when I get on the treadmill or lift up weights I feel less stressed, but right after I'm done, I can feel the stress buildup on my back below my neck, and it's a killer. Anyhow, my husband is on a 6 week work training and I would like to take this opportunity to workout and loose some weight. I would like some advise as to what can be recommended to loose some of my weight and belly in 45 days (44 days today). I also have a teenager that would like to loose some weight and belly as well.
9yws3gzpnc
9yws3gzpnc
United States
2010/02/23, 10:49 AM
how many crunches do you do a day i have 3 kids and i have not been abel to loose my tummy at all i feel depressed all the time i need help

============
Quoting from mysticgraces:

I have had 5 kids..and have a belly..I am losing mine by seriously eliminating sugar and bad fats and eating lean proteins,lots of vegtables,good grains and limit my intake of high sugar fruits....I do crunches and obliques as well as pilates and its made a dif...
=============
sweetblack
sweetblack
United States
2010/02/26, 03:04 PM
I have a question I was wondering if anyone could answer for me. My thing is that I'm currently pregnant and the thing I always hear about is the "post pregnancy belly." I recently just recieved the customized workout plan from FT just to make progressive gains and was wondering...is it ok to do these workouts while pregnant?? Are they to strenuous?? If so, can i do anything else besides walking?
trotter.family
trotter.family
United States
2010/03/24, 07:43 AM
I have 3 kids. I have a 8 year old, a 2 year old (next week) and a 4 month old. I was so good during my pregnancy and ate well. I didn't gain too much weight, but what I did gain is all in my belly and thighs! I am breastfeeding so I can not take any supplements. I get cravings still while breastfeeding. HELP! How do I get motivated? Our family has a membership ay the Y and we go as a family every night (except weekends) together for about an hour. What can I do to maximize my timeand get toned up and lose this weight? HELP!!
LILBIT45
LILBIT45
United States
2010/07/05, 08:45 AM
I HAD FOUR SONS THE LAST ONE WAS BORN 22 YEARS AGO AND I STILL HAVE MY BELLY FAT..I HAD 3 C-SECTIONS...3 1/2 YEARS AGO I GOT SICK REAL BAD..MY DOCTOR TRIPLE DOSE ME ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS THAT CAUSE BIG BLOOD CLOTS ON BOTH OF MY LUNGS AND IT TOOK ME 1 YEAR TO GET OVER THEM..BUT MEAN WHILE I FIND OUT I WAS A DIABETIC..AND BEING SICK ALOT BACK THEN AND I WAS VERY OVER WEIGHT..I DECIDED IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO CHANGE FOR THE GOOD..SO I WENT ON THIS DIABETIC DIET AND LOST 300LBS..I HAVE 90 MORE LBS TO GO..BUT MY ISSUE IS MY BELLY..I HAVE EVEN WENT AS FAR AS ASKING THE DOCTOR TO GIVE ME A TUMMY TUCK..HE REFUSES TO HE SAIDS I CAN LOSE IT ON MY OWN..I DO WORK OUT AT A GYM..I NEED SOME NEW EXICUSES TO DO AT HOME..I DO HAVE SOME HEALTH PROBLEMS I HAVE A BAD BACK..BUT I AM GOING TO LOSE THIS BELLY..I AM GETTING MARRY IN DEC.BUT I HAVE GREAT NEWS I HAVE BEEN OFF OF MY DIABETIC MEDS FOR OVER A YEAR..SO I AM DOING SOMETHING RIGHT...I NEED HELP ON MY BELLY!!!
losemy_babyfat
losemy_babyfat
United States
2010/07/09, 06:14 PM
hey ladies!!! I had my first child in Jan and i still have my spare tire..I have to admit im love sweets and anythng health is not my friend. I recently went shopping for a swimsuit and was nearly in tears..I need help bad..do anyone know a good stretch mark cream????
adventure.girl2
adventure.girl2
Canada
2010/08/30, 01:03 AM
I have 2 kids, 4 and 6. Before having kids I was quite active. 2 year ago I lost pretty much all my baby weight- I was running, rock climbing, biking and going to the gym. After a biking injury and a couple bad bouts of the flu, I put a bit of weight back on, so I'm back at the gym and training. I just wanted to put a good word out there that if you are motivated and exercise and eat right it is possible. I will forever have stretch marks and maybe not the most attractive tummy, but all that work gave me something to be proud of especially knowing that I am I a mom and setting a good example for my kids. Good luck to you all and stick to it! No matter how you look, you should be proud of any accomplishments you make.