Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

personal goal of 3 weeks 30 pounds

hardlife220
hardlife220
United States
2005/11/28, 10:24 PM
Alright im 13 and im pissed. I weigh 200 pounds i have stretch marks and im slow. My goal is to lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks. I have a few questions though. I currently have stretch marks and am wondering if theres anything possible to get rid of them. I have a cottage up north and if i swim alot il have a deep tan but i dont know what that well do. And im wondering if il have flabby skin. During my workout i well be constantly drinking water. Please post feedback and tips.

i well post progress everyday and the first day starts tommorow
rko
rko
Australia
2005/11/29, 06:25 AM
Stop repeating your posts in different forums!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/29, 09:10 AM
10lb a week will only give you more stretch marks along with a very unhealthy physique!!! When you loose wt quickly your skin doesn't have time to "recover" and you end up all flabby. A reasonalbe wt loss goal is 1-2lbs/week. You will naturally loose more in the beginning, but it'll take more like 3 months, not 3 weeks. It takes time and dedication to loose it and keep it off in the long run. Set some small goals, 10lbs in the first 3 weeks is more reasonable, still a bit high, but reasonable. Don't look for quick solutions or you'll set up for garanteed failure. Look around this site and learn all you can about good nutrition and proper exercise. You're young....just start to eat healthy and get in some regular exercise, that is your magic solution!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
2005/12/02, 08:37 AM
completely agree with fly...your goals are too high...you'll be losing way too much muscle while u diet....aim to lose smaller amounts...1-2lb a week....each lb is 3500 calories u need to burn through exercise and/or nutrition........

Stretch marks are with u...there really isn't much u can do about them...there are a million bs ways to 'try' to get them to go away faster...but generally they just fade or 'lighten' over time where they become pretty much invisible...but don't let it get you down .....being healthy and in shape is what counts
Trickster
Trickster
United States
2005/12/20, 01:38 PM
hardlife, you have to be reasonable at the goals you want to achieve. Be slow on weightloss, but make the achievement be permanent, not temporary! It`ss take all your body system to adjust!
grandieam
grandieam
United States
2006/02/18, 03:57 AM
You can try coco butter....I have stretch marks on my hips from losing and gaining weight too fast and when I used coco butter they aren't so visible.