Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Not sure what to do

mrssteier
mrssteier
United States
2007/02/07, 02:18 PM
First off. I have no appetite.... Truly. I am not purposly starving myself. I just am not hungry, food for the most part doesn't sound or smell or seem appealing. I cook for my husband and children. And I have full intention of eating, but when the meal is done cooking I just want to go do somethingelse. I make myself sit and eat dinner for the most part when my husband is home because he worries, but on the nights he works late or is out hunting chances are I haven't eaten anything. I am clinically obese.....which blows my mind. I was in a wheel chair 3 months after having my last daughter for 6 months. And the surgerys for the most part have made me so sore to start with that I am thrilled to be walking anyways. So I exercise more. crunches, and my modified squats. My pear shape just doesn't seem to change. I am at a loss and not sure where to begin. So I understand making myself eat will make my body stop storing what I do eat not knowing where the next meal will come from. I know my body thinks it is starving and is storing what it can. But why don't I ever feel hungry???? I will say again I am not starving myself on purpose. I just don't feel hungry, and my weight isn't something I always think about. Heck I just now found out I am obese, so it isn't an obsession, so a anorexic I am not...... i think.... So help me, where do I begin.

--------------
Jessie
friendofdion@alltel.net
leslieherr
leslieherr
United States
2007/02/08, 03:57 PM
welcome mrssteier
Well you know why your overweight, its from not eating. You need to make yourself eat, start out with several small meals (5-6) or even a good quality protein shake through out the day.
Your body has gotten used to surviving on very little and your metabolism has probably slowed way down.
Exercise should help you to gain more of an appetite I would think.
Good luck and starting eating to lose weight.
mrssteier
mrssteier
United States
2007/02/09, 12:16 PM
haha.... eating to lose weight...:big_smile: whoda thunk?

thank you