Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

no period 3 months

kc101
kc101
United States
2006/10/19, 04:29 PM
ok, im 16 years old, started my 1st period around 3 years ago, and havnt had one for 3 months! This year my periods have been pretty irregular and crazy, (i.e started a few weeks too early/late, being extremely light, etc) and i just thought it was just the normal irregular cycle that most girls have in the 1st few years after starting. But i think not having a period for 3 months is a bit extreme, and i was wondering if i should get it checked out by a doctor? I dont exercise excessively, am not underweight and NOT sexually active. I'm just not sure if this is something to worry about or not...i mean i heard periods get regular after about 3 years, and irregular is usually just skipping one or 2 periods..but ive missed 3! I doubt its anything serious, but just wanted to post my concerns here and just ask what you would do in my shoes?
Thanks!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/19, 04:45 PM
Hi kc...I'm sure things are fine...but you defineatly want to see a dr.Have you had a gyno exam yet??Have you talked to a parent yet?Let an adult you trust know what is going on..and make a dr.'s appointment.Good Luck!!:)
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2006/10/20, 12:39 PM
talk to you mom - & have her get you dr appt
most likly the dr will get you on birth control pills (that is not a reason to start having sex - save it for marriage if possible) just to control when you have your period - a friend of mine high school had this same problem

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/10/20, 02:37 PM
My sister went through the same thing you are now. She was 14 when it happened to her. The doc told her to make an appointment if she missed 4 in a row. When she did, she had to go on birth control pills. After that, she was fine. Don't freak out. You'll be OK.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."