Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

New to twelve week ab program

juicyricangirl
juicyricangirl
United States
2008/03/19, 04:00 PM
I just started the twelve week ab program and one of the movements is called seated twists. i'm having a hard time feeling it and i'm assuming i'm not doing it properly as there is no picture or clip i'm wondering if anyone has a more accurate description for me. Thanks in advance!
malsabrook
malsabrook
United States
2008/04/24, 10:24 AM
You twist. It isn't one of those exercises that you are going to be panting by. If you want, you can substitute diagonal crunches, and essentially work the same muscles. I enjoy the seated twists because they also give me a chance to stretch out the muscles I just used.
solowen
solowen
United States
2008/05/02, 12:13 PM
I find that if you try to bring the end of the stick or whatever you are using to nearly in front of your chest and keep your head up you should feel a nice stretch in the obliques. I had to increase the reps, this might also help.:big_smile: