Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

new member, quick question

keezii
keezii
United States
2007/01/07, 11:20 PM
hey all,
i'm new here and i'm looking to lose at least 30 lbs.i'm currently 165 and 5'4". i choose the weight loss option with the 12 wk ab plan.
i've noticed a more rigorous muscle workout program with 3 days of cardio for 45mins. this may be a dumb or obvious question to some of you, but would this intense training really lower my overall weight?
although i am 165, i'm not flabby but moreless bulky. I am concerned that this program may just contribute to my bulky demeanor and not reduce my weight. Does anyone have the same problem and have seen improvements on this plan? Or does anyone have some advice for this clueless fatty =)
Thanks !!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2007/01/08, 08:35 AM
Hi keezii...I thought the same thing...honest...when I got here...took months of convincing before I picked up the weights...I switched from weight loss to toning...then I went from toning to gaining mass...when I did I saw dramatic improvements...very fast...read the posts in this forum stickied at the top...from wrestler and asimmer.

and you can read my post stickied in the general forum called...gotta be the deadlifts.

It's not a dumb question...we've been taught as women to lose weight WE have to starve and do arobic workouts to lose weight...it's not true..pick up them weights girl...you'll be happy you did.

--------------
\\"If you had one shot...or one opportunity to seize all you ever wanted...in one moment...would you capture it...or just let it slip\\"
eminem

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/08, 09:20 AM
Bulky = fat in and around muscle, keep training, get your diet on track and the fat will go away, leaving beautiful, lean defined muscle.

Read the stickies, as KC suggested.

--------------

Until you value yourself you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
M. Scott Peck