Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

New here with a question!

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/28, 10:52 AM
Yep =stop obsessing about the scale and enjoy the process.

Most women hit a 'drop zone' where things really start clicking around 6-8 weeks in, bu tthat will depend on a lot of factors, including diet, metabolism and how out of shape you were....

enjoy having more energy, being stronger, reducing disease risks, and breathing easier while you work for the fat loss.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/08/28, 06:45 AM
Take measurements - waist, hips, etc. Focus on those numbers instead of the scale. (you will feel your clothes start to fit better too)
hunneymc
hunneymc
United States
2008/08/27, 10:30 AM
Hello! I am new to FT and new to the boards. In the last 2 1/2 weeks I have been starting a new healthier lifestyle. I have quit smoking, started a fitness program and started eating healthier. I am doing pretty good with it, but have a question. I have only lost 2 lbs. Now, I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and since I've been doing weight training and cardio, I am probably gaining some muscle. My question is, how long will it be until the numbers on the scale go down?!!? I am a little obsessed with the numbers, and I don't want to see myself disappointed and giving up as I have so many other times before!

Thank you for your help! :)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/09/01, 02:30 PM
Just KEEP GOING! You have made some very important changes and if you focus on the things that matter - as asimmer mentioned, you will have much greater success than staring at a scale! I bought a pair of pants about three weeks ago, three weeks after wearing them, they are falling off, literally! I have only stepped on the scale this past year now and then to see how much I've lost when I KNOW I have lost a good amount by things like seeing my body change, more stamina and pants falling off, otherwise I have driven myself crazy in the pants and lived for what the scale said --and being a woman, just a matter of days can change that and we see a gain during monthly cycles and get discouraged and go eat -not WORTH IT! I don't see your gender, but either way, it is not worth it. You just go and keep going!!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill