Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Need Some Help...24 and Obese

Aranel
Aranel
United States
2006/02/10, 01:03 AM
I'm 24 Years old, I'm 5'11 weigh 250lbs...I need to get back down to 210lbs which I know is still "obese" according to BMI standards but with my body proportions, I'm not obese at 210. I've been a stay at home dad for the last 2 years and thats where I put on the weight. Now I want to get back into the work force and my career goal is SWAT Team in 2 years. But I want to be getting a job this june so I need to do some serious working to get there. I have access to all the tools, but I just need some help getting motivated. So if any of you are willing to ride me to get my ass in gear it would be greatly appreciated.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/10, 01:14 AM
Hi Aranel, I had the same problem with motivation as you do. So i did just what you did when i first came here and posted something about motivation. I got a real good tip. I took a picture of what i look like now and what i used to look like when i was in shape and put it on the bathroom mirror. So every morning when i wake up i see that picture. That gives me alot of motivation. Also you could join our challenge thread,(A couple posts down from here) Another thing to find out what other people were motivated by is type "Motivation" in the fit buddy search down at the bottom of the page and a bunch of pages full of ideas and success storys will come up. hope that helps bro.

--------------
\"In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.\"
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/02/16, 02:43 PM
Hey there Aranel, I think it's great that you want to be a cop. The question is "How bad do you want it?" The physical test will no doubt be very difficult. Focus on that, and on your children. Just think about how bad you want to be out there catching the bad guys, living healthier and longer to be there for your children as long as possible:) Good Luck!

--------------
\"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them.\" -LOTR Trilogy