Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Need help/suggestions - gained weight!

chandratech
chandratech
United States
2009/05/04, 08:16 AM
Hi,

I am now at 186lbs (5.6'). I have been working out (cardio - treadmill) on and off for quite a while (2 years - 3 times a week on an average). Recently, my doctor has asked to lose 15 pounds. Joined a fitness club 3 weeks back and have been working out (cardio again) for about 1 and half hours every day (800 cals on an averge) and have been minding what I eat (counting cals!) - EVERY DAY. I was shocked when I check my weight yesturday - I thought I would lose at least 2 pounds but surprisingly I gained 3 pounds. This was devastating, frustrating and discouraging. I am unable to understand, what I missed.

Can some one please help me get back on track. I just to lose 15 pounds. Also, which one is more efficient - treadmill or eliptical?

I would really appreciate your time and help.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/05/04, 09:26 AM
First lets clear up somthing, working out is not cardio. Cardio is just that cardio. Lifting weights is working out. And that seems to be something you are NOT doing. I would add that in and see what happens...also look to your diet plan make sure you are eating what you think you are. As for which is better, I say which machine do you like the best...?

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com