Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

need help

briany
briany
United States
2007/06/02, 12:36 AM
I am a 44 year old construction worker and a husband and father, I am 30 pounds overweight and the older I get the harder it is too loose weight. Like yo have not heard that before but the problem is I am on my feet all day and its hard to have the time and energy to workout when I get home.The funny thing is 10 years ago I would get home and have the energy and motivation to workout but now all I want to do is take a nap, than pick up my kid at school,eat dinner go to bed. My question is,is there a suppliment I an take to peep me up after work to do something,anything to keep in shape.Its hard because I used to always workout and it was very important to me but I am starting to feel like an old fart, a fat old fart and thats not me!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/02, 09:23 AM
First look to your diet - clean it up and you may find you have more energy and drop some fat.

The fitter you are, the more energy you will have, so tell yourself that you just have to do 10 minutes of exercise when you get home - make it non-negotiable and head straight from the car to the gym/equipment. Do your 10 minutes and see if you want to do a little more, then get out of there and spend some quality time with your family.

Eventually you will have more energy! Just ease into a routine.

Most supplements don't give you energy, per say. Some might help you create the compounds needed to generate better energy, and some might boost your energy temporarily, but eventually you crash.

Save your money and start slowly, I think you will find 44 is still very young :)

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/06/02, 12:36 PM
Brian, like asimmer said, if you can just push yourself for a few weeks and eat healthy and exercise a bit, I am sure you'd start feeling more like you did 10 ywears ago.