Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

need a diet strategy

shubbard
shubbard
United States
2006/06/15, 11:22 AM
Hi, Im around 5'6 and weigh about 250! :(:(:(I am so discouraged and upset with myself. Im a college student and really didnt have the right foods to choose from, but n ow Im in an apartment and will be getting married in 2 years!!! Help! I need a diet strategy!!!
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/15, 01:17 PM
The biggest thing you can do to loose weight is the following

1.Eat Clean-NO takeout NO junkfood NO sugar NO high fats,NO processed foods of any kind.Stick with whole grains,lean proteins,low fat dairy products,vegtables and a limited amount of fruit.Food is there to nourish and sustain our bodies,not to console us.

2.Control your portions,eat half of what you normally would at any meal.

3.Eat 6 small meals a day,this will help to keep your metabolism burning high and your blood sugar stable so you dont reach for the junk

4.Exercise You need at least to move somewhat each day,whether its walking,doing some light weight training,anything to get you started.

5.Losing weight is not about dieting its about making a lifestyle change,based on healthy food choices and the appropriate amount of exercise
p_au27
p_au27
Canada
2006/08/31, 01:40 AM
very nice post mysticgraces

i follow a similar strategy, to keep my self motivated i allow myself 1 cheat meal per week.

hope that helps

peace