Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Monitoring your Heart

Philia2
Philia2
France
2008/05/13, 03:12 PM
Hi sexy girls

I always knew that my heart rate is a lot faster in the morning than in the evening. Well, I didn't really think about my heart rate but I knew that my energy is so much better in the mornings. I can also eat for four in the mornings and not eat at all in the evening. I am really not hungry in the evening (and I only force myself to eat when I have to socialize).

For the fun of it I put on my POLAR heart monitor at 5am the other day, and it was 9 pm when I took it off (I only had it off for 10minutes while taking a shower).

I did not have any training that day. I was at home all day working on the computer, went for a little walk (no jog, jump or run), watered the flowers and fed my bunnies. That's it.

Up until around 3-4 pm my heart rate stays in between 80 and 110bpm. Pretty wild. Then in the evening it goes all the way down to 60-70bpm -and the funny thing is that the exact same thing I would do in the evening (like going from one room to another) will burn A LOT less calories than if I did the same thing in the morning. Wow.

I burned 3150kcal (according to the monitor who has my weight, age, height and heart).

I did it the next day as well and with one hour of training I was up to 3800kcal.

I guess the 1200 calorie diets we see in the magazines don't really correspond to everybody (btw I'm 5'11, 157lbs). I remember when I did competitions my diet would be around 2600kcal.

This just emphasize how different we all are. We can't really compare ourselves with anybody else but to listen to our own bodies. Eventually we'll find out what works for us! :)

--------------
- Nina -Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur. New website: https://nina.courtyardmarket.com
www.free2bmore.com
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/05/13, 03:51 PM
Great post! Thank you. I know that I can consume alot more calories than most people my size...and on a different note, I am very glad that I work out in the morning too!!!!
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/05/14, 02:56 PM
Thanks again for the post. i went online last night and purchased a monitor for myself. It never hurts to find out exactly where your personal workout strengths and/or weknesses are!

Also, it will help to know for sure how many calories I need to consume in order to reach my goals!

You planted the seed...lol
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/05/14, 08:42 PM
Nice post Nina, glad to see you back. You always did bring great knowlege to the site.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer