Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Makin' a daddy proud!

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2007/05/14, 04:59 PM
I had to tell you guys about this little spit fire that I just started coaching 4 weeks ago.

I call her Mighty Mouse. She's 33 y/o, 5'0" tall, about 120 lbs., and a mother of 4, no less. Over the last year or so, she has dabbled in resistance training basically in order to help her lose her baby fat. But as she started moving some pounds, she contacted me to talk about powerlifting. So, she decided to compete in the USPF's comp out here in Sin City in August. I started her on a basic strength/hypertrophy routine one month ago; we tested her 1RM this past weekend, and here is how she added up:

*Note: These lifts were done only with chalk. No wraps, straps, belts, or suits, and she's natural.

Squat: 235 lbs
Deadlift: 240 lbs
Bench: 140 lbs

You should see the guys' faces in the gym when they watch this little 120 lbs beast move the weight: she's all business...

So, now, I'm cycling her on a power/speed regimen for several weeks, and then on to developing her strength for the three lifts going into the meet. She has really bad wrists (injury from years ago), so getting her to a level to hold onto the bar for deads has been a challenge, though she is making some great progress. By the same token, however, cleans are out of the question. But, snatches seem to be coming along okay, since she's using a hook grip.

I'll keep ya'll updated......

--------------
Michael

Humble, even in Victory.
drquack11223
drquack11223
United States
2007/05/14, 05:06 PM
woah, thats incredible. truely shows how hard work in the weight room pays off
2007/05/14, 05:15 PM
that's great....

cissus+glucosamine/chondroitin+hyaluronic acid=big help with joint/tendon/ligament problems...