Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Make the Army Proud

901tracey
901tracey
United States
2009/04/25, 04:38 PM
My husband will be gone about 30 days before coming home for the weekend and heading to Iraq for "Operation Iraqi Freedom". What exercise program and diet can I use to lose about 10-15 pounds before he gets home. I would love him to see the beginning of a new me.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/27, 10:51 AM
10-15 pounds in 30 days is a steep goal for a normal person. Life unfortunately isn't like "The Biggest loser", and real people usually see about 1-2 pounds a week at best. And to make it worse, unfortunately women often times have a slower start into fitness before their engines start firing on all cylinders(not your fault, it just genetics).
There is no better time than today to start though! Diet should be #1. Get it cleaned up and get your calorie count at the right level. DEFINITELY get a beginner's strength training routine lined up, as well as making time for cardio.
You may not hit 15 lbs, but you'll certainly be on the road to success.