Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

losing fat?

kc101
kc101
United States
2007/09/19, 06:40 PM
i know this must be asked gazillions of times, but i just have a few questions and would just like it broken down for me in one/a few simple answers.
i know that 2 lose weight u must burn more calories than u eat, but surely it's not as simple as that? i know that if u eat small meals regularly it helps, but i was wondering how exactly?
And how do i stop burning muscle instead of fat? Also, to lose fat do u have 2 be hungry? I mean, if you're always satiated, wouldn't that mean that your body doesn't need to burn fat since it has enough available energy?
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/24, 05:34 AM
Small meals often are good for you because you will eat less calories in total because you're not hungry all the time. When you are hungry you tend to eat more than you need. Your stomach will shrink in size so you will be full sooner when eating small meals.

To burn fat and not muscles you need to work out. I work out with weights. Weights build muscles, and you add more weights so you always are at the brink of failure. If you burn calories without weight training you will loose muscle tissue as well. If you are very obese when you start you won't loose as much muscles when doing just cardio, but if you're not, then work out with weights as much as possible.

No... you don't need to be hungry to loose fat, on the contrary. Hunger is starving, starving means storing, storing means fat. Small meals and healthy snacks well feed the body and keep you from eating too much and too unhealthy.

Hope this helps. I'm just beginning to understand how it all fits together, but this is a rough outline based in part on my own experiences.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------