Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Ladies Heres Some Good Movtivation

mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/29, 09:49 AM
A friend of mine whom I havent seen in quite a bit looks fantastic..She is pretty much doing the same as I...weight training/cardio/eating clean..When I told her that my weight wasnt dropping,she said she had the same problem..She continued her program faithfully and she said at about 6-8 months the weight just started to drop off...

Afterall it didnt take a few months to gain all that fat,so needless to say its going to take some decent time and effort to see it through.

When I think of just 6-8 months to see some really good results,as she has had,then I can wait it out,continue my program(which is for life anyway) and reap the benefits.

Her best advice is DONT GET DISCOURAGED...there are times when you want to quit...if so take ONE DAY OFF....do what you like then get back at it..She found that taking a whole day off once a month,helped her stay on track...

Food for thought
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2006/05/29, 01:24 PM
Mystic,

Just what I needed to hear. I do try to tell myself that this is for life and there is no way I'm not going to see results as long as I keep doing what I'm doing. For that same reason, I don't beat myself up if I have the occasional bad day...I have thousands of days to make up for it. Guess I'll just start planning the dress I'm going to wear to our next company Christmas party instead of wondering if I'll be able to wear a two-piece by August.

Thanks!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/06/01, 01:32 PM
It is true! Your body takes time to feel assured that this isn't a fluke - that you are eating right for good and exercsing, before it let's down it's defenses and starts to really release the fat and re-set the metabolism.

Keep with it and be consistent, focus on less tangible goals for a while, like more energy, better endurance and stamina, better moods, more strength during everyday tasks.. the weight/fat loss will come.

--------------

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.