Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Journal Questions for Motivation

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/26, 11:33 AM
I have been saving the Journal Questions (Something to Sweat About) from Oxygen magazine for a while now and I thought it might be a good thign to share - so, I will add to this post once a week or a few times a week and you can print out the questions and use them to spark a journaling session. This can be very helpful in discovering what motivates you and what might be holding your back from reaching your goals.

Here is the first question:

Write your definition of fitness. are you living it? If not, what habits and attitudes do you need to change?

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/26, 01:47 PM
This is GREAT! Thanks Amy. I use the journal on fitday, but have run out of things to talk to myself about. ha ha. This is great.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/07, 02:22 PM
Hey Amy. Where's the new journal questions? I've been waiting! :) Thanks again.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/08/08, 09:34 AM
Sorry! here are two for your troubles!

Sometimes you have to make mistakes before you realize what works for you. List some mistakes you have made while trying to achieve your fitness goals. What went wrong? What did you learn?

Fill in the blanks:

I would be fit if only.......

I won't be fit until...........

Okay - one more, since I have been negligent :) -

Think of a time when you felt healthy and fit. When was this? How old were you? Did you do it alone or did someone help or influence you? How can you recreate these events in your life now?
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/08, 02:32 PM
Thank you ma'am! See, just when you think no one is paying attention, BAM! You get a pest bugging you for something else. ha ha.
tuin
tuin
Mexico
2007/08/08, 03:51 PM
I tried consuming lots of protein without taking care of my other meals... I can say that I did noticed an increase in mass but didnt manage to look as i wanted...

I learned that i had to take care of all my meals, not only the protein intake...

I would be fit if only.... i listened more carefully to people that know better than i do

I wont be fit until i... manage to fully understand all the variables in the fitness world (work outs, cardio, nutrition)

I felt healthy and fit when i was 20 years old, had a lot of time to play soccer and work out... had a good personal trainer when i started lifting weights, but then college and work ruined it all... lol

I think i wouldnt be able to recreate my activities, but i have managed to change my eating habits and workouts and have been feeling great for the past 4-5 months

:dumbbell:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/08/17, 07:54 AM
List your health and eating habits. Also, try keeping a daily journal.

Not fit? Check again. How much do you move in a day? Everything counts - from walking to the bus stop to carrying a load of laundry up the stairs.

Do you believe everyone's idea of being "perfectly fit" is different? What do you believe "perfectly fit " means? Is your definition a realistic one?
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/17, 01:47 PM
Thank you again!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/08/26, 09:49 AM
How does your current level of health and fitness affect how you feel about yourself?

What do you like most about being fit? List at least 3 positives.

What do you dislike most about maintaining a healthy lifestyle? What factors can you change to make staying fit more enjoyable?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/18, 08:51 AM
Who are your fitness role models? What do you admire about them? What lessons can you learn from them to improve your own fitness level?

Sometimes it seems as though staying fit is easier for others than it is for yourself. Why do you believe this is? Write 3 habits others have that you can adopt to make staying fit easier for you.