Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

INTRODUCTION AND PLEASE HELP

debskopite
debskopite
United Kingdom
2008/05/13, 06:37 PM
Hi. Well, this is my first day on here and the start of my new (hopefully) healthier life. I am getting married next summer and by no means am I fat but I'm curvy and definitely need to tone up before this cellulite really gets on top me.
For starters I haven't done any exercide since I was 16 apart from the odd phase now and then.
my aim is to lose a stone and to tone my whole body (mainly thighs, bum and stomach).
Can anybody help me? I have no motivation :(!
x
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/14, 08:16 AM
Hi debskopite... welcome to freetrainers! Sign up for an exercise plan at the top of the page where it says "exercise program" it will ask about your goals and access to equipment and generate a plan for you. these plans have worked well for many people just like you!

You have motivation - you listed it in your post..getting married?

Here is what I suggest - sit down and write down all of the reasons you want to get fitter. They can be silly (to be the hottest bride ever), vain (to make all the other women at the wedding look lumpy), very serious (to avoid heart disease and cancer), whatever, as long as they ring true to you. This list will be your go-to list whenever you don't feel like exercising or eating right.

For any more specific help....ask specific questions :)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/05/14, 02:34 PM
I would think getting married would be tons of 'motivation'.

If this is not enough, we are here to help as much as possible, but in the end 'motivational' desires will normally win out.

Until it (exercise/diet) becomes a lifestyle, the real incentive anyone uses is some sort of motivation.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/06/02, 08:41 AM
Well, there is a food calculator/tracker here and numerous calorie counter sonline, so if you measure the foods you are eating and enter them on one of these sites then you will know how many cals you are eating and you can design meal planms/menus.

As far as workouts = there is an at-home no equipment needed workout here - look at the top of the screen and click on 'exercise prgram' (not sure what the non-pro site link says). Answer the questions and it will generate a plan for you.